Indonesian woman seeking advice on moving to Auckland NZ

Selemat Pagi from Indonesia - my husband (kiwi) and I are planning to move to NZ (Auckland) but he has not lived there in nearly 20 years so I am seeking advice here on how's the lifestyle and reality (good and bad) for an Indonesian who really likes/needs her spicy Indonesian/Asian food  :heart: .
Also is it easy to meet new people & make new friends - I would like to meet some other like minded Indonesians/Malay who can speak Bahasa Indonesia/Malay or other people who like spicy food   :idontagree: .  Not so much into clubbing but like live music, food and enjoying the beach.
Are there some good English courses? Maybe just part time though as I am pregnant now and get a bit tired  :sleep ?
We are planning to live in the city somewhere
Thank you so much  :)
Febrina

KiwiIndoinNZ wrote:

Selemat Pagi from Indonesia - my husband (kiwi) and I are planning to move to NZ (Auckland) but he has not lived there in nearly 20 years so I am seeking advice here on how's the lifestyle and reality (good and bad) for an Indonesian who really likes/needs her spicy Indonesian/Asian food  :heart: .
Also is it easy to meet new people & make new friends - I would like to meet some other like minded Indonesians/Malay who can speak Bahasa Indonesia/Malay or other people who like spicy food   :idontagree: .  Not so much into clubbing but like live music, food and enjoying the beach.
Are there some good English courses? Maybe just part time though as I am pregnant now and get a bit tired  :sleep ?
We are planning to live in the city somewhere
Thank you so much  :)
Febrina

Please take the time to read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.
Just be warned city rental prices are outrageously high.

I have not lived in NZ now for over 30 years and each time I go back to visit family and friends everything price wise is more expensive.

Thanks Stumpy!  We hear you on the AKL rental...it's going to an interesting journey.  Have read some but will read through the other posts as suggested too.  Much appreciated!

Hi Febrina,
Met kenal ya  :top:
dan juga selamat ya atas kehamilannya  :heart: 
Kapan rencana mau ke Auckland  :) .
Kalau saya tinggal di Wellington say, sebelum tinggal disini, saya tinggal di Auckland  :cool:
Restoran asian disana ga terlalu banyak, tapi ada satu yang buka sampe tengah malam di dekat Mangere  :) 
Kalau mau makanan pedas, kamu bisa datang deh ke rumah saya di Wellington.
Kabar-kabarin ya say  :cheers:
Lena

Brownies wrote:

Hi Febrina,
Met kenal ya  :top:
dan juga selamat ya atas kehamilannya  :heart: 
Kapan rencana mau ke Auckland  :) .
Kalau saya tinggal di Wellington say, sebelum tinggal disini, saya tinggal di Auckland  :cool:
Restoran asian disana ga terlalu banyak, tapi ada satu yang buka sampe tengah malam di dekat Mangere  :) 
Kalau mau makanan pedas, kamu bisa datang deh ke rumah saya di Wellington.
Kabar-kabarin ya say  :cheers:
Lena

ENGLISH only please as this is an English speaking forum.
Thank you

Selamat Pagi Febrina! I'm living in Bali/Jakarta right now but I have some Indonesian friends in Auckland who I can introduce to you if you'd like? They know the best places for food etc. :-) Chris

Hi Ferbina

I'm Indonesian and living in Auckland since 2001, there are some free english courses here in Auckland for NZ Permanent Resident, are you planning to live in the city center or suburb? I live in Glenfield, North Shore... anyway keep intouch and if you need any information re: Auckland just let me know.

Athena

Hi

Nice to know you.
I am Bram from Indonesia and currently living in Auckland.
Just arrived in Auckland for 3 weeks, would be good to meet some new Friends here.
I think New Zealand food price is more expensive than Australia, maybe because of limited option in here. For Rent cost, it is expensive considered the space is really small.

Thanks