Living in Ruwais

Hi,

I've been offered a contract at a school in Ruwais, anybody out there that can give some advice on the place? ie life, accomodation, expats etc

Cheers All

Z from UK

2 hrs away from Abhudhabi. Desert. But you will survive :)

Thanks Mohammed, question is will my boys be happy there 5 & 8 yrs old. Is there plenty to do?

Thanks

Ruwais is a nice place though not really a happening place like Abudhabi city. And it is less populated too just like us who are neighbours of Ruwasi Actually for me i work in a school in Beda Zayed just 30 minutes drive from Ruwais toward Liwa.  All the best.

hello everybody i am michael i moving to al ruwais i am looking for some information about al ruwais and anybody living there

hi there michael
i have lived all l my life there in ruwais so are you joining as ateacher in any of the school well you can ask me what u want

Hi,

I am offered to work in ADNOC in Ruwais. Can somebody orient me with how is the living condition there? Is it easy to find and make friends? What about the hospital and health care, is it top quality? I do not have a driving license yet, is it easy to commute and go around the Ruwais complex? Are there taxi 24/7? Are there buses from there to AD and Dubai? Would love to know. Thanks

Agnes

Hi Agnes,

Ruwais is in the middle of nowhere 330 Km away from Abu Dhabi ... There's very little to be done there (except work!), so think very well before accepting the job and the salary must be REALLY good as to compensate the location ...

Good luck!

Ramy

Thanks Ramy.

Yes, I have to make sure all benefits are included- housing, food, transpo and health allowances on top of the compensation. I have had enough of the metropolitan Dubai and I have no problems being in the rural areas as long as I have friends, a grocery shop, a decent hospital and 24/7 taxi. Do you live and work  there ?