Irish in abu dhabi?

hi all!
Im hoping to be teaching in abu dhabi this coming september. Im from Waterorf but teaching in Dublin at the min. How are the Irish finding life in abu dhabi at the min. Any advise info would be great :)

welcome to abu dhabi :PPPPP

im from abudhabi and im ready to answer all ur questions :D

This page may help you Aineb > http://www.expat-blog.com/en/nationalities/irish/in/middle-east/united-arab-emirates/abu-dhabi/.;)

Harmonie.

I wish you all the best for the coming months, and I hope everything goes through in time for you to start in September. This place really is amazing. Quite a few of my friends out here are Irish teachers, and they are really enjoying themselves out here.

Take Care :)

My neighbour is a young Irish Expat, i could give you his contact details if you want to get in touch with him?

Hi, I am the same moving to Abu Dhabi 25
August to teach for a year!!! From Carlow
But teaching in Portlaoise. Any advice welcome??

Hiya Daniel, howr you getting on over now?? looks like i'll be over now at the end of August. you all settled in?? did you join the gaa?

Euni 2000 how are you? what crowd are you heading over with, im with adec LT gang, flying out about the same time as you i think. you all set??

Hiya,
Am heading over alone, got job myself in
A private school!!!! Have been in touch with an
Irish girl in my school and a few others in other
Schools. Do u know where u will be teaching
Yet??

Aw thats great that you know what school your in and all. Im meant to be in a private school too. Dont know which yet tho. Are you looking forward to it all now? i cant wait now, should be brilliant craic. I know a few out there all ready and they got to travel loads out there.

You all don't have anything to worry about, there is a really good Irish community out here, and I have many Irish friends who are teachers over here, and they are definitely living the dream :)

Hi guys
Did u make it over to A.D after all??? Hope u are enjoying it!!!
I'm hoping to head out this coming spring... No def date as yet tho...frustrating all this waiting!!!
Anyways maybe meet u all over there... I'm not teaching but nursing!!!!
Take care n here's hoping ur havin a ball!!!!

visit heroes bar in crowne plaza there are heeps of Irish peeps that hangs out

I moved over from Ireland a few months ago, there are plenty of Irish here, mainly teachers, but some engineers and construction as well. My cousin moved to Dubai a short while ago to teach also.

I meet a lot of Irish people when I'm out at night, and there is an AD Irish society as well.

You will feel at home on a thursday night in Porters or Heroes...think Coppers but without the guards and nurses...

Hi there.
Have you found a teaching position in abu dhabi yet. I'm from tipperary am moving to abu dhabi in march to work in nursery. Any advice ☺

Hi there.
How are you finding life on abu dhabi. I'm a 28 year old irish girl moving to abu dhabi in march to teach in a nursery and am looking to find friends as I'm moving alone.☺
[email protected] if you fancy getting in contact . Thanks

I haven't signed a contract yet but looks like I'll be heading over in August. 27 year old Irish Dub so if anyone wants to share war stories let me know.  Have friends in Dubai and they're loving life so I hope that AD will be the sam.  Seems like the package is a bit better in AD from what I've seen so far.  Eek. Big change!

Hey sheila how are ya. I'm now moving to dubai in April and not abu dhabi. I was offered a better position which much better pay in dubai. What are you going working at in abu dhabi. Are you moving alone ☺

Yea. I'm a secondary school English teacher and it's pretty competitive in Dubai I think as there's really no work here so trying to make sure I'm in a school of quality is my priority atm. As I say, I haven't signed any contracts yet and maybe I should be holding out to see what comes up!

Ok. You are best off waiting for the right oppertunity to come up. I thought abu dhabi was the right job for me then the preschool in dubai fought for me and gave me an offer which I could not refuse. I have not yet signed my contract either as I am waiting on my documentation to be authenticated by the UAE embassy in Dublin.  Hopefully I will receive it back this week to get the ball rolling.
It will seem more real when I have contract signed. I am still getting quite nervous now as this is a big change for me as I'm moving to dubai on my own and do not have any friends out their so I am hoping I don't find it to hard to settle in and make friends .

How did you apply?  Directly or through agencies?  Hope all works out well!

I just looked up nurdery positions in UAE and applied for jobs . Had loads of interviews and was offered quite a few jobs. They are very easy to come buy. The job in which I am taking now I got it through tempest education agency in England. I Find them brilliant. They look at your cv ans then they forward it into the schools in which they think you would work well in. Is it dubai or abu dhabi you want to start off in. I know of a few schools in abu dhabi if you want me to give you some of the names and you can apply as my aunt sent me on the names of the schools as she Is living in the middle east with 25 years