What to bring to Male, Maldives

Hello, friends!

I am from the Philippines, and I am flying to Maldives on the 2nd week of September to work in an office in Male city. What items would you suggest that I bring with me during my 1-year stay there? Like what clothes, gadgets, other items, etc.. This is my first time to fly out of the country alone, and first time to work abroad. I am in the midst of preparing my luggage but can't really decide which items to bring there..

I'd appreciate your answers!
Thank you~

Anti depressants as it is a boring little place ;) no alcohol outside of airport bar says it all.

Btw are you sure it is a legit job as most "office" jobs for fillipinos in Maldives involve massaging horny maldivians!

Hey.. Congrats on ur new job.. clothing items and shoes r pretty expensive in male, So make sure u take clothes, ur essential items.. Cosmetics are pretty affordable there.. just take whatever u feel u need to take.. apart from alcohol lol.. its illegal in Maldives to consume or carry alcohol.. anyways all the best and hope u have a plesant stay in Maldives its a beautiful island..  ;)

Hey.. thanks a lot!
I sure am bring several pieces of clothing appropriate for office work. ;) don't worry about the alcohol, I don't drink to begin with. Hehe

Yes, I am taking my medicines with me, as well as some books so I can read them during my stay there..
With regards to the "office" job, i'm pretty scared with what you said but the company who got me said they will assign me in their office in Male city -- the one across ADK Hospital.

Hi Nemodot, I guess your barking at the wrong tree, been here for 5 years and never heard a Filipina working as massage in Male, Maybe in the resort, i knew a few.. :)  Hi Angelixx .. don't you worry  Male is 80% safer than any place in the world., we do have also  Consulate here who can help you for any of your employment concern. regarding what to bring,bring some instant foods,from the Philippines, and crackers, Food here is so spicy and you might not like it, Buy also some Ginisa Mix , Sinigang mix, so if you missed Filipino foods you can cook for yourself. Message me if you dont know any one here. ill give you my number and will assist you.

Hope it helps. Good luck to your New Journey.

regards/leen

Hello Leen!

I appreciate the correction. Thank you very much!
I'll definitely visit the Consulate when I get there. Is it anywhere near ADK Hospital? Forgive me, that's the only landmark I know so far. Ah yes, I have been told about the spicy food there in Male, and I'm not really into spicy types of food. As well as the rarity of meat (pork). I hope I could adapt to the change of food available. I will take note of your suggestions. Again, thank you very much! :)