Driving license in the Maldives

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in the Maldives ?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in the Maldives ?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

..from the thread " obtaining a driver's license by a foreigner"...

Hi to all:

Below are the documents needed to apply for the foreigners driving license:
    For Driving test
       - LL1 form (application form, you can have it from their
          office or download it from http://www.transport.gov.mv/src.php?page=mrtforms
       - One passport size photo
       - Work Visa Card original and copy
       - Foreign License card original and copy
       - Passport original and copy
       - Letter of authenticity of license card from issued
          authority /government
       - MRF100/
  After completing driving test
       - One passport size photo
       - Driving exam passed result slip
       - MRF250/-
       - A revenue stamp (MRF50/-)

Happy driving smile

Thank you WOW Pinoy! for your contribution! ;)

Aurélie

I just had my license card today and i know the rules to consider in passing the actual exam. It is my pleasure to help other expat if they wish to secure one as long as im free. Foreigners with authenticated driving license are exempted to take the theory exam, but taking the actual driving test is another challenge. They are very strict that you need to satisfy their questions before hitting the road and step by step follow procedures while you are driving. Otherwise they will fail you and you need to go once again to the Transport Authority to pay another Mrf100 for your next exam.

You can also seek the services of a driving schools which they charge about USD100 only for registration, and charge additionally on the type of vehicle and practice driving hours.

Hi Folks,

I very much interested to see a picture of Maldives driving license/ID. This would help me identify a scam. It is important to get an answer from you ASAP.

HI Bashe,

its not safe to do so.. kindly send me a picture of the one which you would like to identify, and we will be happy to help you out.

many thanks
mooch

better to do it through driving schools its much easier
will cost 1500 MVR for the school
100 for theory test
300 for driving test
they will fill the forms & everything

but since you are a male dont go Help driving school
they care only for girls

the exam in devihi my friend & they dont have employee that speak even normal english to translate ROFL

Hi, I am Dr. sharif working in the Maldives. I want to take the driving test from the Maldives. I have the copy of my country license but I lost the original one.
how can I proceed it

can you help me about the test

I have a question. How many system have for this test? I need english system. if anybody know this.  please gave me to this ans.