Need advise to migrate to Maldives.

Hi,

I am a Singaporean muslim and wish to migrate to Maldives.

I need opinion and information that all of you can share withe in terms of the following:

1) To open restaurant there, planning to start a Malay Authentic Nasi Padang restaurant (I.e. various gravy to be served with rice)

2) international school standard for my children. I have four children from the age of 18 mths to 9 years old

3) to purchase a house there, preferably small bungalow with 5 rooms. I need to know the price, any areas for recommendation.

4) Any information of Maldives are threat of sink in times to come? How about the Tsunami thing that befalls them in 2004? Any Tsunami threat or prevention?

5) How do I apply for citizenship there for me and my family?

6) How do I purchase a vehicle there? Pricing range?

Hi..,
The option of becoming a Maldivian is not really an available option.
However you can register under foreign investment and open a restaurant. I believe it's a quite good business in Maldives. You also can obtain work permit under the Company name or through a local partnership.
When you have workmpermit you can buy a vehicle or a vehicle can be bought under the name of your Company.
As a foreigner you will not be able to buy a land or a house nor an apartment at this stage, however you can take on long leases. To lease 4 - 5 room apartment  will be about 2,500 to 3,000$ a month. But you can negotiate better rates by offering higher advance money.
There are international schools that will cater for all the age groups.
www.islanderseducation.comwww.billabonghigh.mvwww.kangarookids.mv
With the last tsunami experience some how Maldives was least effected out of all the countries in this region. I believe the geographical layout of small islands does not create a very heavy impact. We don't have much of high grounds. Male', the Capital city has tripod breakwater.
I hope the above information will be of help. If you have further questions or wish to have more discussion please let me know. You can reach me on makhma (at) yahoo . com as well.
Good luck and welcome to Maldives.

aidahaim8081 wrote:

Hi,

I am a Singaporean muslim and wish to migrate to Maldives.

I need opinion and information that all of you can share withe in terms of the following:

1) To open restaurant there, planning to start a Malay Authentic Nasi Padang restaurant (I.e. various gravy to be served with rice)

2) international school standard for my children. I have four children from the age of 18 mths to 9 years old

3) to purchase a house there, preferably small bungalow with 5 rooms. I need to know the price, any areas for recommendation.

4) Any information of Maldives are threat of sink in times to come? How about the Tsunami thing that befalls them in 2004? Any Tsunami threat or prevention?

5) How do I apply for citizenship there for me and my family?

6) How do I purchase a vehicle there? Pricing range?

hello,did you oppened your Restaurant ,n Malidives,if yes I want ask you something about it...
thanks

Hello alanya38,

If ever you do not get much response from this post, I invite you to create a new thread, to increase visibility, and ask for your questions, as this one is quite old one.

Regards

Kenjee