Indians in Mozambique

Hello,

I'm a travel writer from India and am doing a story for Conde Nast Traveller magazine.
The story is about Little Indias around the world. So like London has Southall and Wembley, Singapore has Little India and New York has Jackson Heights, does Mozambique(or Maputo) have a similar area populated majorly by Indians, where you get Indian food, stores, restaurants, places of worship, etc? And are there any  shops/restaurants/places of worship that are particularly popular? Where you would send a non-Indian to get a taste of India.
I don't necessarily need detailed info. Even a brief name of the area/street/locality and city would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Anushka,

I am Gavi and I live in Maputo. We do have Indian communities but every one seems to be scattered. there is no such area or streets where all Indians live. I am living here for an year. I remember there is an area called COOP which has lot of Indians.To have some Indian food people prefer to go to Galaxy restaurant which is in the COOP. And we have Lord Shiva temple in Maputo where all the Indians gather for every festival and holy is a big thing for them here. Other famous restaurants here are "Nautilus" where I see lots of crowd of foreigners and native people.They serve Indian food along with Portuguese food. For shopping people visit Maputo shopping mall and Polana Shopping mall. You will see all Maputo people especially Portuguese drink lots and lots of Coffee. Thats all info i can give you.

Thanks
Gavi

Hi Gavi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just a couple more questions:
Is Coop a largely residential area? Is the Shiva temple in Coop? Also, are there any more Indian restaurants or grocery stores in the Coop area, or in close proximity?

Thanks a ton.

hi. Although of Indian origin I am South African. been in Maputo for 14 years now. No specific areas for Indians as such but town area called 'Baixa' is where mainly a large number of old-established Indian owned shops, restaurants and businesses are. Very interesting mix of people in Mozambique. rgds

Anushka,

Can you please list the details you want. I will reply to it.

Regards,
Krishna

Can I have they address of shiva temple ??