New to Maputo

Hello Everyone :)

I am new to Maputo and look forward to using this forum to get the best information to meet new people, make new friends and enjoy the wonderful adventures Maputo has to offer.

We have been in Maputo for a week and we have been to Game, Shoprite, Polana Shopping centre, il Gelato and the Waterfront. It has been great so far, I was pleasantly surprised by what is available.

We are hoping to join a gym and hopefully meet up with some new people and make friends. I am interested in starting yoga, if anyone can suggest classes available?

I am vegetarian and I was wondering if anyone could suggest cool places to go for veggie treats ;)

I am also diabetic and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good pharmacy that stocks diabetic medication?

Thank you in advance for the guidance and good chats :-)

Hey,
How are you?
Nice to see you here.
I am Anas from India came to Maputo in December so i also dont know much about places here but i know about the gym.
I stay in Matola and i goto gym in Shelyns Village which is just 2KM from Shoprite Matola.
If you are interested let me know.

Regards.

Welcome!

About the gym, in case you're in Maputo, you can find yoga classes ate Physical (Clube Marítimo) and Maysha (the gym inside Polana Hotel). I don't know about the prices, maybe you just need to check it out.

About veggie food, most Indian restaurants have good veggie food. Some of the Thai, too. I suggest:  Spicy Thai and Moksha (Julius Nyerere) and also Inter Tai/Tchova and Galaxy on the streets behind Polana Shopping Centre.

About the pharmacy, I don't know about those specific medicaments, but usually the pharmacy at Polana shopping and the one at hotel rovuma have good stock.

Hope it helps! Good luck!

Hi,
We go to the gym at Clube naval - if you are cost conscious it is great, although less fancy than the Physico, or the one at SuperMares. You get access to the pool which is very nice - we mostly use the pool, in fact.
There are also running and biking groups active.

I am a non-meat eater so the seafood here makes that pretty easy. But the Bel Piatto on Julius Nyerere has nice pasta, soups and and salads including vegetarian. And all the pizza places have at least one or two veggie choices, try El Greco on Julius Nyerere.

Have you tried Matapa yet? It's a traditional mozambican dish, normally served with prawn or crab, but you can get it without, and it's really great!

Good luck!

Mari

hi dear.I am in Maputo until Tuesday

Regards
Sophy

Good Day

We are planning to relocate to Mozambique in November 2013.  I am eager to learn all i can before moving.  We are planning to live in Matola or near surrounding are.

I would appreciate all and any suggestions you have for me.

Wanda

Thank you so much for all the information everyone. I am very grateful. And I am on a mission to try all the yummy veggie places to eat :)

Keep well all

[moderated: no free ads on the forum please]

Hi

new TO this place

hope Tomeet some Gud friends