I' am going to live In Cameroun.

Good Morning./ Boun Jour.

I'am going to work in Cameroun with a Portuguese Company.

1- I speak very well English  and   a little bit French.

With a Strong English it's possible to leave in Cameroun and a reinforce the connouncements of French there?

How its the best solution to Know people in cameroun  at weekend?
What kind of Hobbies exists there to weekend? Exists Gyms?

Existe any portuguese peple there.

I Hope respounse soon becausa i go to Cameroun in the 20 of June.

Regards
Jorge Costa.

Jorge, good afternoon
Cameroon is a bilingual country, then we are speeking both english and french.. But except those who have done university, cameroonian speek only one of these language..

It is possible to reinforce the connouncements of French here. We have many centers with this purpose..
"How its the best solution to Know people in cameroun  at weekend? What kind of Hobbies exists there to weekend? Exists Gyms?"
It depends to the town in which you will be established.. There is many hoobies dependent to what will be attractive for you and your gains..

Of course there is portuguese poeple here but as you will work in a portuguese company, may be you will find more explanations there..

welcome in our country.. Hope that your stay will be pleasant

caprice

Hi Moicaprice.
Thanks for the respounse.

I wil work in YAOUNDÉ.
The conpnay tha i go work is portuguese but these will open a Sucursal or a  Company in Cameroun with a Cameroun partner. So don't Know anyone. Is because that im trying to knem things about  Cameroun.And if exists Portuguese people too.

Anu kind of informions will be  munch importante for me

Regards

Jorge Costa

Dear Jorgecosta,
There is any Portuguese consulate or any diplomatic mission here, sorry. May be they will help you more to be in contact with a Portuguese community. Your Cameroonian partner will also be a useful supply in your research.
We are not a developed country but You can find many hobbies and gyms center.. Expatriate resident have done a lot here to facilitate their staying in our country..
Im sure that  youll not feel alone or marginalized..

Regards

Hi Moicaprice,

Thanks for your usefull informations.

Don't exist any Portuguese consulate in Cameroun. My only afraid is feelling alone In Cameroun but  if you say that this will not happen I Stay happy.

It wiil be everithing new. A new company etc etc. So I'am  with fear. And it´s my first time in a African Country too.

I hope tha everything goes right.

Best regards

Jorge Costa

Hi Moicarpice,

I'am trying to search Poruguese  People au Cameroun but  i am with serious dificulties.

Can you Help me in these situation. my travel to Cameroun went delayed. probably i only goes on 28 of June.

Another situation. Where i can search information about camaroun. I only see these site but probably exists more interesting sites where i can see usefull information about Cameroun.

Regards

Jorge Costa

good evening, Jorgecosta
I'm trying to search what you have asked.. just a question to be more specific.. Do you research site describing Cameroon or the Yaoundé city ??  Or site to have informations about  living in Yaoundé ?? I think that you have problem to read french because many expatriate (french speaking) giving their experience in Yaoundé in the french forum..

I'll try my best to give to you or to approach the satisfaction ..

good eveninh Moicaprice,

I am searching the 2 things. Because i'am going to leave I YAOUNDÉ but i will need to go to Douala KRIBI and Limbé.

Best regards
Jorge Costa

Jorgecosta, some links for you..
- michaelpageafrica.com/en/content/work-cameroon.html
- everyoneweb.com/expatinyaounde
- easyexpat.com/pt/guides.htm

It is just a large understanding of our city, Yaoundé..

You have here my email adress..
[email protected] 
.. Please make an effort to send me a mail then I can give you a document that I'm getting up on these town for you.. may be tomorrow, after working this night..

good night

Moicaprice,

My email is:

[email protected]

Best regards and good evening

Jorge Costa

Hi and welcome to Cameroon.
I think that if you were understanding french very well, you'll find answers to your questions here on this site. English is an official language, though it is not the first. But i don't think you'll face any language problem. When here, the protuguese ambassy will brief you on the security, health, food....

mning;
looking at it u are already in the Country
welcome and take care
be carefull also