Sub Aqua - Living & Working Conditions at Conrad Hilton...

Anyone previously or currently working for Sub Aqua Dive Center at Rangali, Conrad-Hilton?

i am interested in finding out what the living and working conditions are like as a dive instructor at Rangali-DC.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks

I am from Maldives. I have not worked at Rangali but I can assure that this resort meets good standards for their staff.
Makhma

Conrad Hilton is such a good company, you will be fine and have an amazing time!

I lived in Maldives for 3 years, I am British

Anne

I worked at Conrad for 2 years off and on. It is one of the better resorts for diving staff. Can't comment on the current management as it has been a while. When I was there we ate from the guest buffet b/fast and dinner.

Diving is very nice in South Ari- be very cautious with diving the kandu with an outgoing current especially at this time of year. If you're pushed outside the protection of the atoll, you're in big trouble. One downside with Conrad is the standard of guests- fairly typical of 5* resorts but they're very spoiled, fairly incompetent underwater and the DC usually has to go along with the resort philosophy of 'the customer is always right'. Can lead to drama underwater.

Rooms are spacious- maybe a bit damp if the people living above you run the AC at -17 degrees all day and night. Pack a few 'smart' clothes for the odd drink with guests but you can also pick up a 'sale' shirt or whatever at the boutique from time to time.

The DC owner comes from time to time. I'm not a massive fan personally, but you're paid well, paid on time and not worked too hard. The dhoni crew is 'owned' by the hotel- sometimes they pull  long hours during the night which can make them irritable and this can be problematic in the mornings.

As 'living standards' go, I think Rangali was the best I've been at. However resorts are still resorts- Golden Jails. Bring a Kindle and a decent supply of movies/series. I think they don't offer free wifi for staff anymore which will suck.

Best of luck

Harvey,
Thank you for the insight.
I am to start with Sub-Aqua in couple of days, it's nice to know the lay of land - a bit ahead of time.
Appreciate your response.

Dusty

Dear,
I just saw your posting.
I have two friends who worked there in Diving Center.
I can connect you one of them if you would like to know more about this.
Contact my personal email, mohamed.ibrahim3686@hotmail.com
Have a great day.