ADVICE NEEDED! Probation period - if i decided to stop working??

Hey everyone,

I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me what happens if I decide not to work anymore during my probation period in 5 star hotel in Maldives? Would I have to reimburse the flight ticket price to Maldives, visa fees? What other costs I might need to pay? Would they allow me to leave easily?

Any tips, your previous experience would really be appreciated!!

Hey guys,

I have the same question in mind. I have a 3-month probation as per the contract. What happens if I decide to discontinue the employment within 3 months? Although it hasn't been a month yet but I'm finding the office, the company, and the work quite unpleasant. Hope you guys could shed some light on this. Thanks!

Hi Angelixx and Lunaluna, usually if you want to quit during probation you just need to send your resignation and inform a valid reason then you should buy your own ticket back home, this simple procedure applies for all of the resort, but if you are working in Male, it will be depends on your employer or contract. they will send you home if you don't want to work anymore.there's no way keeping you when you are not happy. just speak it up with your employer in a nice way. :)

hope it helps.

thanks/leen

I also have a question about that. I read my contract again, but they have very vague clauses. e.g. you have to shoulder fees for tickets, visa costs, etc. Now it doesn't specify if they meant ticket out from Male or as well as the one coming to Male. I guess the best way is to talk to the HR but I am also scared of them finding out my intention of leaving and if I'd really have to pay them with all the costs to get me here, then that would mean I couldn't leave and have to deal with how they will react about me wanting to leave.

I've read before about people staying here for a couple or months or so and leaving because they don't like it here. I wonder how they did it?

If u are maldives u contact me 7787483. I will guide u

@ Abdullasaeed > If you have some information to share about Maldives, it would be best if you can share them directly on the forum so that other members can also beneficiate from these information as well. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

Dear priscilla

What r the information u need , ask me  the area .

Rgds
saeed

If leaves during probation period, can straight away reapply for another job in Maldives? Thank you

Hi Isylsy,

Please note that this thread is quite old. You should probably create your own topic on the forum and ask this question.

All the best,
Bhavna