Female filipino workers in maldives

hello guys,i want to ask if there's a filipino in maldives especially girls because i want to ask if what exactly you do when you are processing your OEC because for now they did not allowed only the contract for female they said they need the verification from philippine embassy...i already have, work permit and contract but w/o verification..the problem is no phil. embassy there in maldives..can you help me kabayan thank you so much..

Hi Haleyflurry..are you a balik-manggagawa?
To get an OEC all you need are the following,
Contract of Employment,
Appointment Letter from your company,
your Returned Ticket and your Passport.
And you need to pay in OWWA, PHILHEALTH,PAG-IBIG FUND and for the POEA processing after that they will release your OEC.

Good Luck as i heard that they are very strict NOW, specially for OFW's who are coming here in Maldives :)

hello edvilyn and thank you for your response im not a balik manggagawa,this is my first time to go there ive already complete all my requirements including employment contract,work permit and passport but the poea did not accept employment contract without verify by phil embassy and i told them that there is no phil embassy in maldives and they advised to process that in phil embassy in bangdalesh,the company expect me to go there this august but until now i cant get my oec,i want to know edvilyn if what exactly you do when you first time to go there are you with agency or direct hire?can you help me guys and i want your feedback about this matter,,thank you so much and godbless...

I think you need to be register in POEA first,
you know in a legal way,like you will undergo a medical examination by a DOH-accredited clinic or hospital,to attend a pre-departure orientation seminar (PDOS) etc. , ;)
I dont know how exactly..,
I'm a direct hired but I am not registered in POEA, I leave Philippines as a TOURIST  in Singapore,the easiest way because they know (my company) that there is no Philippine Embassy here in Maldives,less complicated and  when i had my annual leave last December 2011 just then i registered in POEA.
Anyways, I will ask other Filipinos regarding your problem.
Have a good day! :)

Hi Haleyflurry<

So you you have been to POEA but they were asking for your contract validation even you already have a work permit and other valid travel docs? I think there is something wrong with your contract. IS it really validated? I supposed you are a direct hire worker (name hire). If so, your contract must bear a "red ribbon" given by our Bangladesh consul for validation purposes. Only then they will process your documents and schedule you for Medical, pdos and pay for OEC. You need to ask your employer here in the Maldives to send a copies of notarized and fully signed work contract in our Consul in Bangladesh and return to you the contract with the DFA seal. It will take time so better do it quick if they really need you to be here asap.

If you need more info, just keep in touch.

Derick =)

Hi Edvilyn,

As per my understanding on how you eventually worked here in Maldives is that initially you are here as a tourist just to explore the beauty of the islands but you fell in love with it so you decided to stay by looking for a possible employment. And now you are enjoying what Maldives could offer!... i hope so.. =)

Regards

Derick

good one derick hehehe :)

Sir derick,

thank you so much for the info and that's what exactly poea needs,the contract with seal of phil embassy in bangladesh,My employer dont have any idea how to process that,
May i know sir if what is the other requirements that my employer gave to dfa maldives before they send it to bangladesh? and how many days it will take? is it possible to send the documents in bangladesh thru email or via courier? do you think it takes for a month? or a week?oh my god im so sorry but i think you can help me,thank you so much and godbless....

edvilyn

thanks a lot,and i hope that my employer can process my papers as soon as possible,im just wondering why many female workers can go there easily,maybe going there as tourist,but for now im scared because they are very strict especially in immigration,anyway thanks again,take care..hope to meet you guys soon if ever----:)(think possible hehe)

-one thing i ask do you know the place ELLAIDHOO resort is there a filipino also?(hmm i hope so)

Dear Haleyflurry,

First things first, does your work contract conforms on POEA standard work contract format, like it has a detail on your position, workplace,salary, leave benefits etc? You can check this out on POEA website, this is to make sure that you are protected by the labor law on both countries just in case something negatively happens. Second, make sure that you and the authorized representative of the company has a signature on every pages of the contract with company seal. Third, it must be notarized in the Maldives bearing the Attorney's seal. This are basics but just to be sure..If everything is complete, the document is ready to be validated by Phil Embassy in Dhaka. They will attached a certificate with a DFA seal (red ribbon). Your employer will send a complete and notarized work contract to Dhaka, Phil Embassy in Dhaka to return the validated docs to your employer in Maldives finally, your employer to send this docs to you. It will take more or less 30 days, depends on how fast your employer is in making follow ups. You need to coordinate with your employer on this for maybe they have other options.

By the way, how did you applied for this job? And.. please don't call me sir.

Be happy always =)

Hey, your welcome..! Yes,you were right,they are so strict now..so it's better to follow WOW PINOY's advice., :)

ELLAIDHOO resort' I think that is Chaaya Reef,..

check this out http://www.chaayamaldives.com/hotel.cfm?ghid=261091

i know the spa director from ellaidhoo resort,

mooch wrote:

i know the spa director from ellaidhoo resort,

I have a coming interview with the F&B Manager in Ellaidhoo too.,
Let's see.. :)

good luck with that :)

cheers
mooch

Goodluck edvilyn =)

Thanks guy's..miss you both :D

haleyflurry,process your papers now'
we might be working together at ELLAIDHOO..

HI Edvilyn,

ELLAIDHOO is a good resort? WHat is their classification?

hi guys,just sharing how mine were process..
i'm still in philippines and will be there in maldives
hopefully next month.got a job in duty free maldives airport.
i was hired thru an agency and really it took time.
all my papers are now validated and acknowledged by the phil.embassy in Bangladesh.my contract are now authenticated in
ministry of Maldives.And guess who managed to processed all these?
The owner of my agency,..she travel all the way to 3 countries(maldives,sri lanka and bangladesh) to make everything documented.And now I'm dying to land on that paradise soonest!

Cheers!

Hi ThinkofLIa,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope haleyflurry have an agency that is  good as yours.I have some Filipino friends working in the airport and i'm sure they will love to welcome you.

We look forward to welcome and meet you in this paradise...=)

Right Edvilyn?..

Be happy =)

Derick

hi  haleyflurry i will go to maldives this dec 24 i will go probably as a tourist first and trying to find a bloody job. i hope soneone help me to find an affordable place to stay. thank you so much in advance

Hello Luvina_mascardo05, can you please start a new thread with your questions on the Maldives forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

[moderated: please write in English + note that this is an old topic]

Hi Edvilyn,

Good day! I'm male from Manila engineering construction designer and draftsman. your experienced in Maldives employment is seems to be similar in my future employment offer..

Could you please advise me with the following:

1.) 2 years contract Direct Hire entering Tourist to Maldives. Do you think no problem to come in Maldives from the Philippines as a Tourist then working visa will be processed in there. No POEA processing will be done since I will entering as a tourist. Please advise.

2.) Basic Offer is USD800.00 free accommodation and foods. Is that enough to save money? Actually it's small comparing to the offer from other country.

3.) If I will come back to Manila as a Balik Mangagawa. Is POEA will require the contract with red Ribbon from Bangladesh to Process my OEC? Please advise how you goes with the process since you've been through that before.

4.) Has there a possibilities for a long term employment in Maldives?

Looking forward for your prompt reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ruel

Hi Ruel,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I suggest you to start a new topic with your questions on the Maldives forum. [this is a 1 year old thread]

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

Hi po,ask ko lang po sana ma tulongan po ninyo ako asawa ko po kasi na hire sa maldives  as draftsman.Safe po ba ang maldives  filipino male workers?ang pangalan po ng company  HOTELS  AND RESORT CONSTRUCTION (BOUND OF MALDIVES)FAMILIAR PO BA Kayo sa company? ok po ba yan?kasi po  urgent po kasi cxa kaelangan po nyang magpa medical alangan kasi aswa ko kasi maliit lang po ang lugar ang if safe po cxa doon.tapos hindi po cxa familiar masado sa amin ang lugar.sana po matulongan po ninyo ako  godbless po

GEOSPHERE agency ba may hawak? sa company nurse wala pa feedback ang employer..

Hi all - can we please keep it in English so as the other members can understand and maybe participate to the discussion as well :)

Hello.. Are filipino nurses safe to work there? Either indira gandhi med hospital or ADK hospital.. I've read that oje nurse was  gang raped inside her apartment were 3 men broke into her place..

I'm like to work in Maldives pls how to apply

Hello cristina orocio,

I would suggest you take a look at the Section Jobs in Maldives , if you are seeking a work there.

This might help.

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

Regards

Kenjee

:) it safe to work here, those Gang rape never heard of that, my cousin is working as Nurse in Indira Gandhi Hospital for more than 1 year now.

Dear Ruel,

Can you please enlighten me if Direct Hire to work in Maldives is legal? If so  what are the requirements?

Appreciate your immediate response.

Fraternally,

STEPHEN JOHN

Hi Derick,

Here i am again replying on your concern :), if you are coming from Qatar and will go directly here  with your working permit/visa there no such requirements at all, one way ticket + work visa is fine. but if you are coming as a tourist, then you will need to provide a 2 way ticket + accommodation voucher and lastly if you are coming as Business Visa , then requirement should be 1 way ticket + approved business visa + there should be someone from your company to wait you up in the airport, because business visa is payable upon arrival by the company.

Cheers,
leen

Hi. newbie here :) pwede po mag tanong kung safe ma work sa Maldives? and magkano nag rarange un salary nila for Hospitality?thanks po :)

annacinco wrote:

Hi. newbie here :) pwede po mag tanong kung safe ma work sa Maldives? and magkano nag rarange un salary nila for Hospitality?thanks po :)

Hi and welcome.

As this is an English speaking  forum could you please post in ENGLISH only.
Thank you.

Hi.nice to see you.
All is possible.
Plz contact with me.

Hi i will be working in Maldives as a restaurant worker soon. What are your advices? This is my first time to work abroad. Please response. Thanks

@mariacoys > this is an old topic. You can start a new topic with your questions. Note that you already got a thread here. Thank you.

Looking for a Bar waitress to work in a hotel in Maldives,if any Filipino interested pls.reply

The idea is not bad, as long you have a good character and knows how to get along with the society.

Shiyam.