TV in Almaty

Hi Everyone,

Any hints to receive French TV channels in Almaty?
What sat (Hotbird?), what size for the dish...

Many thanks.

Two main options with the sat TV here: AlmaTV (cable TV) or NTV+(sat TV). Top packages would cost you around 50-100$ per month. Try looking for their web-sites to get more info

As far as I remember you'll get Euronews in French.
And tonnes of English channels. Anyways here's the full list of AlmaTV channels. There are 3 packages: БАЗОВЫЙ (i.e. basic), СТАНДАРТ (standart), ПРЕСТИЖ (prestige). Here's is the link for the full list: almatv.kz/channel_digitcable.php
It is in russian, but English channels are written in English so you should get a main idea

Good luck

I tried to find especially British channels, but the SKY satellite, which can provide BBC UK, doesn't broadcast to central Asia region.

It looks the best option is NTV+, there are about 26 channels in english and some in french, I suppose.

Also there is alternative option to buy satellite antenna and choose among available channels. 
I've got a contact phone number of one guy, who does such kind of service.

Cheers

Hey Kam !

I will be moving to almaty shortly and im looking for sky network but since you mentioned that this service is not available , I would like to opt to buy the satelite antenna, please forward me detials of ur contact .

thanks

Sorry for the late answer, maybe this information still will be helpful for you:

name: Evgeny
phone: 317 18 20

However I'm not sure that he speaks in English, if you will face the "language barrier" write me a private massage.

To everyone, I've found out the best solution, for me of course, to watch the British channels via internet on my computer. It gives me the possibility to use web services streaming and working in UK region only. There are also USA, German, Canadian services. They are planning to launch French, Spain and Switzerland services in the future. Here you are - ukproxyserver.co.uk (this is not an ad)