Places to visit in Almaty

Hi,

For the ones living in Almaty, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Almaty, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Almaty?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Julie wrote:

Hi,

For the ones living in Almaty, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Almaty, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Almaty?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hello Julie,

Well it all depends on what you prefer, on how you like to spend your time.

In first order, of course, you should visit our mountains- check for Medeo, Chymbulak, or Kok- tobe hills...

If you like arts, you can visit our Opera and Ballet theatre, different galleries and musems..

You can find many decent restaurants with oriental cuisine (check for Alasha restaurant, for instance).. Depending on where you're going to stay, I could give you more insights about good places for eating and drinking that are located nearby.

If you have time and will, you should travel outside the city- Charyn canyon, Issyk and BAO lakes, Tamgaly tas... But these places are a bit far from the city.  For more additional information, you can go for the following link almaty.kz/page.php?page_id=411&lang=2

Couldn't find any other worth browsing web source with required information in English, maybe someone else might help on that..

Hope it helps

And welcome to the most beautifulest cities in Kazakhstan :)

Cheers

i am interested to write this email ,i am a moroccan, i love almaty