Getting married in Kazakhstan

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Kazakhstan or who are about to get married in Kazakhstan to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Kazakhstan? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Kazakhstan)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

Hello, as far as i know,  an expat  who wants to marry a kz resident, needs a document stating the absence of marriage obligation from the home country, and a copy of passport translated and notarized in kz. Still don't know how long it takes to book the actual ceremony, will post in later. Bye everybody.

Hi highlangher!

Thanks for your help ;)

Armand

Armand:

I am about to marry a Kazakh, but have heard that there is no real procedure for two foreigners to marry here. There is a fairly clear procedure for me through ZAGS (the registry for this stuff), though it means getting some documents notarized by the US Embassy and doing he dirty deed, which is really quick. I suggest you contact your embassy and ask, especially if you want it to be recognized if/when you return.

Not much info but hope it helps,

John

Thank you, John, for this info! :)

I m looking to get married to a Kazakh but it is very hard getting an invitation to marry her in Kazakhstan. are marriages done outside Kazakhstan recognized or also takes so much processes and complications.
any advice?
cheers

oseibk wrote:

I m looking to get married to a Kazakh but it is very hard getting an invitation to marry her in Kazakhstan. are marriages done outside Kazakhstan recognized or also takes so much processes and complications.
any advice?
cheers

Hi, 

I don't understand the "invitation" part of your post. Are you having difficulty getting an invitation for a visa? I am not aware of any invitation to marry. As noted in other posts, once in KZ you need to go to ZAGS with a certificate of no obligation, translated and notarized passport and perhaps your fiance will have to bring her residence book. (this is what I and my wife had to do) ZAGS can give you a list of required documents if I have forgotten to mention any. ZAGS took our application and 72 hours later we were able to schedule the wedding.

I was on a work visa when I married but your fiance should be able to apply to the migration authorities for an invitation and then you can get a  private visa from the Kazakh consulate in your country (up to 90 days) that will allow travel to KZ.

Good Luck,

KP

Hi, I just arrived in Kazakshatn, more precisely in Almaty, and I'm about to get married to my fiancee.

As far as I know the needed documents are :
- Your police record
- An official document attesting that your not married in your original country
- A official bank paper saying that you don't have any debts in your original country.

To book for a date, people said me it's better to do it 3 to 4 months before.

Hope it will help.

Christophe

@Christophe- did the documents u obtained from ur home country have to be translated and notarized? If yes did u do that in KZ?

Hi I would like to marry a citizen from Kazakhstan  In ekibastuz I am a British citizen which documents do I require
Regards G Peck

[moderated: This is not a dating website]

At least for Ust-Kamenogorsk and an Australian citizen marrying a citizen of Kazakhstan, the only documents required were;

Translated and notarised passport with apostille

Translated and notarised Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage with apostille

Certified copy of immigration card (no additional stamp is needed despite what some notaries will try to tell you, ask them to call the immigration police and they will resolve the dispute, or just go to the next notary).

The application form needs to be filled out in Russian, and when it is lodged, you will be given two dates, one will be a mandatory "cooling-off" period of 30 days date from lodgement when you must return to the office where you lodged the application, to confirm that you both intend to commit to the wedding, the second date will be the earliest date that the wedding registration can take place.

This is generally a few days after the mandatory "cooling-off" period.

I am unsure why some people say that a police record is required, it certainly isn't for Australian citizens in Ust-Kamenogorsk and does not appear on any checklist that the office will provide you with if you ask.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter,

I did not need a police check either, most logical explanation is that requirements can differ from Oblast to Oblast and even between ZAGS in different cities.

KP

Hi everyone, (everything written here related to expats who needs Invitation letter, visa for entrance to KZ, registration in migration police with in 5 days, and only single entrance visa permited not more - meaning for those who are not those 27 countries listed in the Application 2 of the law)

To get tourist visa that is given for 30 days:
Foreigners who needs invitation letter for visa getting must have Invitation letter from travel agency from KZ. Google them. But tourist visa is given for 30 days only! You can't prolongate additional days as it was before 21 Jan 2012. You must understand that ZAGS needs 31 day to marry you (for example, application with documents submitted on 20 March, they will register you on 21 April), because permission to marry people comes from Astana. While this 31 days pass you have to wait, visa expiers this moment! Because I am sure you could't pass ZAGS application first day of your arrival, because of airport takes 2-3 hours to get lugguage, passport control, then you arrive to hotel, check in, get paper from hotel that you really checked in, or hotel will register you in the migration police by itself, or you go to register by yourself to migration police, it takes 1 day with all traffic jams and procedures! Then need to notarize the translation of the passport and CENOMAR (Certificate of Non Marriage - that must be legalized (or Apostile depends on Gaag's convention) of expat (might take few hours). You pass your documents to ZAGS next day. Then pay 1 MRP (2000 T nearly). Need to fly out again because visa will expier soon! And here is the problem: will KZ embassy give you again tourist visa as you just arrived from KZ, and again got invitation letter from tourist agency (that you just made before flight out (invitation costs 100$))? It is not really tourism - it is marriage aim. Will they see you submited documents to ZAGS at the system of Justice and MofFA? They might not give visa for being unsure for your aim, for such short time wanting to return back to KZ again... What to do? Tell honestly to embassy huh? It wiill mean that you are trying to stay at KZ for getting married to Kazakh.   

Here another way:

Private visa:
Yes, to make an invitation letter for expat is really un real... Migration police said: "he is not your husbund yet to make him invitation (only for husband, relatives), even if he is your friend it doesn't mean you can give him invitation, why do I know, maybe you are doing Invitation visa business for foreigners, bla bla bla..." - so this is their explanation. "Private invitation", "private visa" its just words written in the law, but in practice it doesn't work because the expat is not Kazakh nationality, and he is not going to adop KZ baby. Private Invitation letter, authorised at Migration police, must give to expat a leggal right to get private visa for 90 days stay in KZ (ALA) - wow good for 32 days, but it is not working! Time for all stuff writen above for tourist visa, time for marriage, time for meeting parents, friends, etc. BUT in fact it doesn't work in real life! We don't know what to do now! ZAGS told me following:
1. Passport - translated and notarised here in ALA at any notary office who can do this. Maximum cost is 50$ for all fee.   Just google "нотариальное заверение перевода с английского языка"
2. CENOMAR (Certificate for No Marriage) - legalized (or Apostiled if it Gaag's convention's country), KZ embassy put stamp on it before flight to KZ during visa issuing, notarized translation in KZ (maturity time is 6 monthes)
3. KZ citizen's ID.
4. Application
5. MIGRATION CARD fulfilled in airplane, with a stamp of migration police. (Transit visa issued for 5 days, is not permitted to get this migration card, either not to get registration stamp of migration police)

Now tell me people how to get marry in KZ with a foreigner??? Tourist visa is only 30 days (you need 32 days for all procedures), transit visa will not give you migration card (which is important to have for marriage registartion), private visa is non issuable because of non issuable invitation letter (because you are not yet married or expat is not a Kazakh nationality living abroad or expat is not going to adob baby).
Other types of visas are: business, study, missionary, etc.
Study visa - must get all that complicated procedures with Universities.
Business visa - must find company who will give you that invitation for  this visa type. Unless you are not going to invest money as rich investor to RFCA.
Missionary - be carful and aware from KNB. Those guys are not kidding asking you lots of questions might be converted agaisnt you.
Now I see KZ Gov't doing all possible things to prohibit KZ citizens to get married with foreigners on KZ territory by KZ laws. Its all complicated, expansive, time taking, laws are not working, if working - against each other. People better to marry outside of KZ. But here is the 2nd part of soap opera! KZ citizen must get list of documents before:
1. Passport
2. Foto
3. CENOMAR (taken at CON, then Ministry of Justice after 4-5 days, then translated into English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then put stamp at destination countrie's embassy in KZ (check the list of embassies in ALA and TSE)) - remember its  6 monthes maturity, and KZ CENOMAR is given only with a note of country's name you are going to marry in.
4. Birth Certificate (translated into English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then put stamp at destination countrie's embassy in KZ (check the list of embassies in ALA and TSE))
5. Money for airplane, because you also will have to fly out and return back to that country.
6. Some countries requests police certificate also translated into English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then put stamp at destination countrie's embassy in KZ (check the list of embassies in ALA and TSE. Keep in mind if your KZ fiancee had been ever in police office with ANY note they will reflect it (even being a victom of a thief)

Dears, if you have more ideas and can really help with these problems please let me know!!! Really tiered with those visas, invitations, cenomars, migration cards...

Hi everyone, (everything written here related to expats who needs Invitation letter, visa for entrance to KZ, registration in migration police with in 5 days, and only single entrance visa permited not more - meaning for those who are not those 27 countries listed in the Application 2 of the law)

To get tourist visa that is given for 30 days:
Foreigners who needs invitation letter for visa getting must have Invitation letter from travel agency from KZ. Google them. But tourist visa is given for 30 days only! You can't prolongate additional days as it was before 21 Jan 2012. You must understand that ZAGS needs 31 day to marry you (for example, application with documents submitted on 20 March, they will register you on 21 April), because permission to marry people comes from Astana. While this 31 days pass you have to wait, visa expiers this moment! Because I am sure you could't pass ZAGS application first day of your arrival, because of airport takes 2-3 hours to get lugguage, passport control, then you arrive to hotel, check in, get paper from hotel that you really checked in, or hotel will register you in the migration police by itself, or you go to register by yourself to migration police, it takes 1 day with all traffic jams and procedures! Then need to notarize the translation of the passport and CENOMAR (Certificate of Non Marriage - that must be legalized (or Apostile depends on Gaag's convention) of expat (might take few hours). You pass your documents to ZAGS next day. Then pay 1 MRP (2000 T nearly). Need to fly out again because visa will expier soon! And here is the problem: will KZ embassy give you again tourist visa as you just arrived from KZ, and again got invitation letter from tourist agency (that you just made before flight out (invitation costs 100$))? It is not really tourism - it is marriage aim. Will they see you submited documents to ZAGS at the system of Justice and MofFA? They might not give visa for being unsure for your aim, for such short time wanting to return back to KZ again... What to do? Tell honestly to embassy huh? It wiill mean that you are trying to stay at KZ for getting married to Kazakh.   

Here another way:

Private visa:
Yes, to make an invitation letter for expat is really un real... Migration police said: "he is not your husbund yet to make him invitation (only for husband, relatives), even if he is your friend it doesn't mean you can give him invitation, why do I know, maybe you are doing Invitation visa business for foreigners, bla bla bla..." - so this is their explanation. "Private invitation", "private visa" its just words written in the law, but in practice it doesn't work because the expat is not Kazakh nationality, and he is not going to adop KZ baby. Private Invitation letter, authorised at Migration police, must give to expat a leggal right to get private visa for 90 days stay in KZ (ALA) - wow good for 32 days, but it is not working! Time for all stuff writen above for tourist visa, time for marriage, time for meeting parents, friends, etc. BUT in fact it doesn't work in real life! We don't know what to do now! ZAGS told me following:
1. Passport - translated and notarised here in ALA at any notary office who can do this. Maximum cost is 50$ for all fee.   Just google "нотариальное заверение перевода с английского языка"
2. CENOMAR (Certificate for No Marriage) - legalized (or Apostiled if it Gaag's convention's country), KZ embassy put stamp on it before flight to KZ during visa issuing, notarized translation in KZ (maturity time is 6 monthes)
3. KZ citizen's ID.
4. Application
5. MIGRATION CARD fulfilled in airplane, with a stamp of migration police. (Transit visa issued for 5 days, is not permitted to get this migration card, either not to get registration stamp of migration police)

Now tell me people how to get marry in KZ with a foreigner??? Tourist visa is only 30 days (you need 32 days for all procedures), transit visa will not give you migration card (which is important to have for marriage registartion), private visa is non issuable because of non issuable invitation letter (because you are not yet married or expat is not a Kazakh nationality living abroad or expat is not going to adob baby).
Other types of visas are: business, study, missionary, etc.
Study visa - must get all that complicated procedures with Universities.
Business visa - must find company who will give you that invitation for  this visa type. Unless you are not going to invest money as rich investor to RFCA.
Missionary - be carful and aware from KNB. Those guys are not kidding asking you lots of questions might be converted agaisnt you.
Now I see KZ Gov't doing all possible things to prohibit KZ citizens to get married with foreigners on KZ territory by KZ laws. Its all complicated, expansive, time taking, laws are not working, if working - against each other. People better to marry outside of KZ. But here is the 2nd part of soap opera! KZ citizen must get list of documents before:
1. Passport
2. Foto
3. CENOMAR (taken at CON, then Ministry of Justice after 4-5 days, then translated into English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then put stamp at destination countrie's embassy in KZ (check the list of embassies in ALA and TSE)) - remember its  6 monthes maturity, and KZ CENOMAR is given only with a note of country's name you are going to marry in.
4. Birth Certificate (translated into English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then put stamp at destination countrie's embassy in KZ (check the list of embassies in ALA and TSE))
5. Money for airplane, because you also will have to fly out and return back to that country.
6. Some countries requests police certificate also translated into English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then put stamp at destination countrie's embassy in KZ (check the list of embassies in ALA and TSE. Keep in mind if your KZ fiancee had been ever in police office with ANY note they will reflect it (even being a victom of a thief)

Dears, if you have more ideas and can really help with these problems please let me know!!! Really tiered with those visas, invitations, cenomars, migration cards...

Depending upon what your nationality is, you can get a 2 month visa just by applying to your nearest Kazakhstan embassy without a letter of invitation.

Citizens of the following 47 countries are eligible for the simplified visa procedure:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and Northern Ireland, USA, United Arab Emirates.

Longer than 2 months (3 months), you must have a letter of invitation.

Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to visit Kazakhstan:

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova (90 days), Mongolia (90 days), Russian Federation, Serbia (30 days), Tajikistan, Turkey (30 days), Uzbekistan, Ukraine (90 days).

Of course, you must leave every 30 days, but if you are in Almaty, a quick trip to Bishkek and back solves that problem (beware if you cross a land border, there are scams the Kyrgyz border guards will pull and tell you you must stay in Kyrgyzstan for a minimum of 24 hours).

Below are the documents and procedure we needed to follow from my previous post which you may not have seen ...

Translated and notarised Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage with apostille

Certified copy of immigration card (no additional stamp is needed despite what some notaries will try to tell you, ask them to call the immigration police and they will resolve the dispute, or just go to the next notary).

The application form needs to be filled out in Russian, and when it is lodged, you will be given two dates, one will be a mandatory "cooling-off" period of 30 days date from lodgement when you must return to the office where you lodged the application, to confirm that you both intend to commit to the wedding, the second date will be the earliest date that the wedding registration can take place.

Cheers, all the best, Peter

Dear Peter,

I wrote that my message doesn't contain information for those expats who are citizens of the listed 47 at Appendix 2 of the Law. Meaning, my fiance is not from any of those countries listed, and not from CIS countries. Means we need invitation,  means we can't get double entrance tourist visa, means we can't get private visa, means we can't apostile  documents but legalize them which mean expencier for 2 times. No Bishkek travelling because there also need visa entrance. Means we can't just apply with simple procedures for 2 mothes.  ZAGS told me that only 31 day, not shorter (talked yesterday).  Migration police told that we must get registration at their office within 5 days into migration card given in airport passport control.  Now all laws become strict.

[Moderated: off topic]

I am Pakistani live in Pakistan .I have one girl friend in oskemen.we want to marry .she agree  to marry me .but I don't know its procedure of wedding .which document required at my side and how many days and which category I apply to visa for Kazakhstan .if any body know and have information .please send me .I am very thank full to this  information .my email I'd . jajjiqazi@hot mail.com

Hi, since Pakistan is not either one of the visa "free" or simplified visa countries for Kazakhstan, you will need to get a letter of invitation (LOI) to Kazakhstan.

This must be from a company certified to issue such an invitation, I will send you the details in a private message.

You will need a 60 day double entry tourist visa to complete all the machinations, however, you must leave KZ every 30 days. Your girlfriend cannot invite you, so you cannot have a private visa, this is only available to family members.

If you are going to be in Oskemen, the closest would be to go into Russia, Tretyakovo, which is only a couple of hundred kilometres away, but for that, you would also need a Russian visa, not easy to obtain.

The "easiest" would be to go to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan either by plane KC302 Oskemen-Almaty (UKK-ALA) change to KC109 Almaty-Bishkek (ALA-FRU) then return into KZ the same day on KC110 into ALA, but you then must stay in ALA overnight (there are no flights out of ALA to UKK by the time KC110 returns to KZ.

The alternatives would be by train Oskemen-Almaty, then bus to Bishkek (or Kordai border crossing) and return same day.

Below are the documents and procedure you need to follow ...

Translated and notarised Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage with apostille (from your government)

Certified copy of immigration card (no additional stamp is needed despite what some notaries will try to tell you, ask them to call the immigration police and they will resolve the dispute, or just go to the next notary, there are notaries every 20 metres here in Ust-Kamenogorsk).

I am Pakistani 43 year old men . I have oskemen girl friend and she is agree with me for marriage . but I can't know which document required at my side and how many days and which category visa I apply . any document required for me to oskemen side.

Hi, please read my post to you again, it contains all the details necessary for you to marry in Ust-Kamenogorsk (Oskemen) and the visa you must apply for. I am afraid I cannot put it more clearly than this.

Also, contact the person I sent you the e-mail address of in the private message, they should be able to provide you with the necessary letter of invitation that you will require when you apply for your 60 day double entry tourist visa.

"Hi, since Pakistan is not either one of the visa "free" or simplified visa countries for Kazakhstan, you will need to get a letter of invitation (LOI) to Kazakhstan.

This must be from a company certified to issue such an invitation, I will send you the details in a private message.

You will need a 60 day double entry tourist visa to complete all the machinations, however, you must leave KZ every 30 days. Your girlfriend cannot invite you, so you cannot have a private visa, this is only available to family members.

If you are going to be in Oskemen, the closest would be to go into Russia, Tretyakovo, which is only a couple of hundred kilometres away, but for that, you would also need a Russian visa, not easy to obtain.

The "easiest" would be to go to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan either by plane KC302 Oskemen-Almaty (UKK-ALA) change to KC109 Almaty-Bishkek (ALA-FRU) then return into KZ the same day on KC110 into ALA, but you then must stay in ALA overnight (there are no flights out of ALA to UKK by the time KC110 returns to KZ.

The alternatives would be by train Oskemen-Almaty, then bus to Bishkek (or Kordai border crossing) and return same day.

Below are the documents and procedure you need to follow ...

Translated and notarised Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage with apostille (from your government)

Certified copy of immigration card (no additional stamp is needed despite what some notaries will try to tell you, ask them to call the immigration police and they will resolve the dispute, or just go to the next notary, there are notaries every 20 metres here in Ust-Kamenogorsk).

Cheers, all the best, Peter"

I got married to a Kazakhstan lady in March and the process was fairly straightforward.

I am already working in Kazakhstan so I fulfilled the visa requirements

I'm from the UK so had to visit the British consulate to obtain a certificate on no impediment.. To do this you will need to show that you have lived in Kazakhstan for at least three day;,have your original birth certificate and, if required, your original decree absolute apostillised by the UK Government; your passport; the same documents for your partner which have been translated into English and notarised.  You will both have to attend the Consulate You'll need to fill in forms for your notice of marriage, and an oath or affidavit (written statement of facts) stating that you're free to marry. Once your notice of marriage has been accepted by the Consulate it takes seven days for the notice of marriage to be displayed. If there are no objection the notice of no impediment will be ready for collection

You will need to obtain  translated and notarised copies of your passport; translated, notarised and apostallised copies of your birth certificate and, if required, original decree absolute. Once you have these you will need to make an appointment with Zaggs to apply to get married. If your documentation is accepted it will take 30 days (to allow for a cooling off period) before you can have the marriage registered.

I must admit the process went very smoothly because I had the correct documentation. It is important you speak to your embassy/consulate to make sure you know what you need. My consulate was very helpful.

I am from Pakistan my fiance is an Kazakh we want to marry but I don't know how to get visa how to get invitation what documents required from my side and also from her side

Hi friend please guide me also I am in same situation thanks

Please share what to do

Hello there ali3131,

Please be patient and read trough the different posts on this thread, there are some relevant posts pertaining to your queries.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi Peter,
I am George from Australia & married my wife in Semey in 2014 Jan, also only need passport notarised & letter of non impediment ,plus translated. But getting her back to Australia was a whole lot political red tape from Australian end, police check both my wife & me, health check,my finical statements bank,and still not done because we had to send all to Moscow Australian Embassy.
I have been working in Kazakhstan for last 7 years & did like it .

Cheers
George K

"But getting her back to Australia was a whole lot political red tape from Australian end, police check both my wife & me, health check,my finical statements bank,and still not done because we had to send all to Moscow Australian Embassy."

Wow, really?

I've had no trouble with that, visa/permit has generally been granted very quickly ... perhaps I've been lucky.

Australian Gov ,now Border Protection change rules in Sept 2013 from 6 months to process visa to 9-14 months.I got her here on 12 month visitors visa & still pending temp res visa .Moscow Embassy screwed up our application,lost documents ,failed to inform us of  expired police reports.

My wives name is Kristina & would like to hear from fellow Russians from Kazakhstan,if they live in Australia.

Cheers
George

"... Border Protection change rules in Sept 2013 from 6 months to process visa to 9-14 months ..."

Ahhh, ok, I did hear there was some change, but didn't realise it had all gone to hell in a handbasket ...

Cheers, Peter

Hello all, I don't know if this post is still live, but I need some advice.

I'm a UK citizen living in Dubai, and I'm engaged to a wonderful Kazakh lady. I have recently received my divorce in Dubai (which will become legally binding in April), so I am now in a position to push ahead with getting married.

The question I have is how do I get a CENOMAR? The rest of the documentation we have in hand, only missing this part - can it be done in the UAE, or do I have to go to KZ/UK?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in Advance !

"I have recently received my divorce in Dubai "

You were married to a UAE citizen? Then I expect that you would have to get the certificate of no impediment to marriage from the government department that deals with that in the UAE.

Thanks Nuc Med - Was married to a German citizen. I'm resident in UAE, so certificate is in Arabic....

OK, so, if I have this right, you were married in the UAE under their laws and auspices, not in either Germany or the UK? Please correct me if I am wrong.

You now need to get the Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage translated into Russian and notarised with apostille (the apostille is only available through the government agency in the country you obtained the Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage from).

I am unsure if the UAE is a member of the group of nations that are signatory to the Apostille Treaty. You will need to discover that yourself by attempting to get one. If they are not and do not issue an apostille, then I'm unsure what you will need to do.

I suspect then that you must have the document certified by some government department in the UAE and then certified again by another government department in Kazakhstan (probably the foreign ministries ...).

Hello Zvezdopad and NucMed,
All what Zvezdopad needs to do is to get cenomar from UAE government body, then he needs to do legalization of cenomar, in UAE ministry of international affairs. After that bring cenomar to Kazakhstan embassy in UAE (or General Council at Dubai) for legalazation, translation into Russian or Kazakh language, notarization of the translation.
Document is ready! He also can translate his passport to Russian language and notarize the translation.
Upon your arrival to KZ ZAGS just give them all documents and be confident that cenomar is ready to be accepted by ZAGS. If they will refuse it, show them KZ Council's stamp and signature with his family name and tell ZAGS to check up the ESEDO letters from ministry of foreign affairs with the list of Councils names. It will prove that your document is already legalized and no need to go to local ministry of foreign affairs (my own negative experience about KZ ZAGS behavior).
Good luck!
P.S. Don't forget to return back to ZAGS after applying in 27-28 days, to show your migration police registration paper that you have returned back to KZ to finish your marriage ceremony.

"All what Zvezdopad needs to do is to get cenomar from UAE government body, then he needs to do legalization of cenomar, in UAE ministry of international affairs."

So, as I suspected, the UAE is not signatory to the Apostille Treaty (Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents) and therefore he has to do two sets of legalisations ... rather than just the simple single apostille for the Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage as you would if you were from Australia or the UK (or any other of the 110 countries that are signatory to it).

Yes, exactly.

Thanks NucMed and Joe&Sabi

I am British
Got Married in UK to a German
Divorced in UAE

So that means -
translation of Passport + Apostille
translation of Divorce Cert + Legalisation

Apostille is just a stamp?

I spoke to British Embassy in Astana, I can get a CNI (Certificate of No Impediment) relatively simply if my docs are translated and submitted to them.

Do I need my old marriage certificate from UK?

So far, I think I understand......I hope

However, my fiancee called up TSON to ask about documentation needed to process things. A few bizarre requests came up - All Translations must be in BOTH Kazakh and Russian now - as well as needing the below:

1) They want a form stating about any children I have had.....the UK Embassy are confused by this.
If I bring an attested and translated copy of my sons birth certificate (he was born in UAE) is that enough?

2) They said I need ИИН- which is an issue as I have no intention to stay in KZ for more than the duration of my 30 day visa......and I live in a country where we don't pay tax!

Any advice would be great! Thank you so much