Living in the Netherlands and working as a contractor for a UK company

Hi all!

I am a newbie, sorry for the dumb question!

I have been offered a contracting job from a UK company and they gave me the opportunity to work completely remotely (since the contract would be just for 14 months).
I am Italian and I do not reside in the UK, and I was planning to move to Amsterdam, using those 14 months to network and hopefully find a job in the IT industry once my contract ends.

Does anyone know how it would work in regard to tax and health insurance?
Would I be double taxed even if I am not a UK resident?
They told me that I would be hired through an agency and then I need to register with an "umbrella company", I called a few in the UK but they couldn't help...

Thanks!!
Giacomo

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I've heard of this occurring previously in the Netherlands; you basically find an agency in the Netherlands that will take you on a Dutch work contract; they are paid by the UK company.

I can't give you a name, neither can I find any Google searches, which makes me think it may have ceased.  All you can do is ask around.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for getting back to me! This kind of agency that I need to look for, are like a recruitment agency then?

Giacomo91 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me! This kind of agency that I need to look for, are like a recruitment agency then?

Yeah, but not all were doing it, so you may have to phone around.