Salary I receive & thetax.nl calculation doesn't match

Hi everyone,

I have moved to Netherlands 6 months ago & 1 month ago I got my 30% ruling approved.

From April I started receiving my salary including 30% ruling benefit. But then when I compare my salary (& salary slip details) with https://[link under review]/ calculated amount, there is about €1000 difference which I don't get in my salary

For example, let's say my annual salary is €65,000 including holiday allowance. So according to thetax.nl (& also all other tax calculators online) I should be getting around €4200 salary, full calculation here*****
But the salary I received is about €3200 (Pension schema & all other deductions are less than €200. So still doesn't add up)

When I checked with the HR they said there is no salary calculation error. So right now I am lost & don't understand which one is correct. Don't want to make this a pretty serious issue with my employer without knowing full picture. Because may be I am missing something related to tax.

That's why I came here to clarify before check with the management or HR again. Please help me to figure out why thetax.nl calculation & my salary slip has about €1000 difference. Is it something I am missing about Netherland tax law or else is it something to do with my employer
Some companies pay the holiday allowance in 1 lump sum in May (or June) instead of paying a portion each month.
Check if that explains the difference.
I understand that you are receiving still same salary. So, is it possible your salary does not include 30% benefit yet?
I understand that you are receiving still same salary. So, is it possible your salary does not include 30% benefit yet?
- @d2e1
This is the only explanation I have right now. HR team is saying that 30% ruling break already included in my salary. but I think it is wrong, it is not yet. that's why there is a gap still
That happened to me on my first paycheck - sometimes it takes a while for the Dutch gov't to get around to giving the official stamp of approval on the 30% ruling. My payroll dept confirmed for me that they don't have the paperwork yet.

If your payroll dept is saying that it's included, I would follow up with them. The 30% ruling is something that both you and the company need to agree on, and I've heard that some companies don't actually give it to employees as a 'benefit', pocketing the difference.