Quarantine For New Arrivals In Danang

The staff of my hotel in Đà Nẵng (Avatar Hotel) informed me today that their hotel is going to function as official quarantine lodgings for new arrivals in Đà Nẵng, beginning in April, 2021.

It makes sense because travel industry business is virtually dead in this area known officially as the "An Thượng Tourist Streets" by the Đà Nẵng government.

Previously a basic room here at this hotel was routinely priced at ₫1,200,000+ VNĐ.

I'm currently paying about ₫400,000 VNĐ per night.

So it won't be surprising if new foreigner arrivals in April are charged at least ₫1,200,000  VNĐ (and perhaps double that) per night for the 14/15 day quarantine (speculation on my part).

It's devastating to see how many more businesses have closed up since I left here in October when there was already great local business depression.

Yet driving through areas on the other side of the river last night, I saw big signs of the economy clicking along very well for non-tourist centric areas

During the lockdown that ran from July until September, this area remained a pocket free of any infections within the city, so it stands to reason that authorities would bet that the reverse will hopefully be true; that many people quarantined here will less likely infect the rest of the greater Đà Nẵng area.

So now I'm pretty sure that there is a plan to allow international arrival flights to land in Đà Nẵng sometime in April, but that's just my deduction based on the conversation I had with Hotel staff.

Hopefully anyone looking to arrive here in Danang on one of those flights can exchange information with each other in this thread about the situation here.

Meanwhile, we are going to leave here within 24 hours...

There has been several hotels that are quarantine facilities here in SonTra.  If you go toward Vincom you will find several who I think cater to Koreans.  Signs outside.
Actually about a month ago there was a plane load of Americans that did quarantine here that were allowed in for MIA search.  I guess they were clean because I didn't hear anything back.

“ Specifically, patient 2,571 is a 49-year-old man in Thanh Khe Dong Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City.
He flew from the U.S. to the Republic of Korea and then to Ho Chi Minh City on March 10.”.

He is from Da Nang but landed in HCMC and is being treated in Cu Chi, not here.

Velocycling wrote:

There has been several hotels that are quarantine facilities here in SonTra.  If you go toward Vincom you will find several who I think cater to Koreans.  Signs outside.

“ Specifically, patient 2,571 is a 49-year-old man in Thanh Khe Dong Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City.
He flew from the U.S. to the Republic of Korea and then to Ho Chi Minh City on March 10.”.

He is from Da Nang but landed in HCMC and is being treated in Cu Chi, not here.

Thanks for the clarification.

Something was lost in translation