Blood labs

I want a blood and urine test..just a checkup. Are blood labs available in Vietnam in general and specifically here in Da nang? Or must I go inside a hospital for his?

1happkamper wrote:

Are blood labs available in Vietnam in general and specifically here in Da nang?

Yes, there are blood labs in all medium and large cities.  A quick search on Google gave me 3 on the first page:

Medilab at 55 Hải Phòng,
Gia Viet Lab at 308 Đống Đa (they'll even come to your home),
Medic Sài Gòn at 97 Hải Phòng (also coming to your home).

Thanks! My apologies.. I completely forgot to search on Google maps! Sorry... Thanks again.

1happkamper wrote:

I want a blood and urine test..just a checkup. Are blood labs available in Vietnam in general and specifically here in Da nang? Or must I go inside a hospital for his?

Let's assume for a moment that you are an average person (without special healthcare training) who might be reading this thread in the future.

Unless you already have a private doctor in Vietnam, the best option is to go to a local hospital.

Get a recommendation from a Vietnamese friend and bring along a translator.

There will be a relatively small fee paid at the outpatient intake desk.

This will usually include the charge for seeing the next available doctor (no appointment needed).

There should be some reason you want lab tests, because there are so many blood tests available (chemistry, blood count, liver function, thyroid function, cardiac enzymes...the list goes on) and the doctor really needs a clue from you as to that for which you are looking (fearing?).

The charge also includes an evaluation of the lab results by the same doctor.

If you have money to burn in Danang, you'll get full English-speaking care at:

Family Medical Practice (Gmaps link)
96-98 Nguyễn Văn Linh
Nam Dương, Hải Châu
Đà Nẵng 550000
(Phone number on Google Maps profile)

The main advantage of their care over the other care I received in Danang is the ability to communicate well and the fact that they will prepare your invoice in English in case you need to submit it to a insurance company.

They charge a lot for those advantages.

Good luck!

P.S.: if you don't have a friend there to be your interpreter, send me a private message and I'll connect you with a good friend who works as a tour guide there.

She will arrange everything for you for a reasonable fee.