Medical, health, other,insurance

I'm 72 and have a pacemaker, in great health with no other problems. Been living in Mexico for quit a few years, possibility time for a change. I was there in the mid sixties, I liked the country and the people. Seems like if your over seventy forget health insurance at a reasonable price. Hopefully Da Nang in June of this year.
Trying to find more info without much success.
Been to Da Nang once before for a few weeks, back then we called it China Beach.

MichaelDNC wrote:

I'm 72 and have a pacemaker, in great health with no other problems. Been living in Mexico for quit a few years, possibility time for a change. I was there in the mid sixties, I liked the country and the people. Seems like if your over seventy forget health insurance at a reasonable price. Hopefully Da Nang in June of this year.
Trying to find more info without much success.
Been to Da Nang once before for a few weeks, back then we called it China Beach.

The Vietnamese call it "Bãi biển Mỹ Khê" or My Khe Beach...

https://expat-03cdkbceglbjg.stackpathdns.com/upload/general_pictures/large/1538714251-11-pictures_750x560.jpg

You may notice a few changes in Danang. :)

I know that is not called China Beach now. That is what we called back then, didn't speak a lot of Vietnamese. I was trying to find info about insurance in Vietnam. I work for Cruz Roja Mexicana ( for those who don't speak Spanish, it's The Mexican Red Cross) and my medical costs along with life insurance are covered.

MichaelDNC wrote:

I know that is not called China Beach now.

Excuse me...

MichaelDNC wrote:

I was trying to find info about insurance in Vietnam.

Since you don't know how to search the forum, I located this thread for you.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=679909

MichaelDNC wrote:

I work for...

That's enough chit chat for now...

;)

Thanks for the information, will check more after arrival in country, still new to this thread forum thing.

i have similar question , i am on medicare and have pre existing medical condition, i would like to spend more time in da nang, is it possible to get insurance? my recent visit to da nang there were no good hospitals.. is there any one who can guide me on private medical care  i am 65+  thank you

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Excuse me.................Since you don't know how to search the forum, I located this thread for you...................That's enough chit chat for now...

How quickly we forget that we were all "newbies" once.   :cool:

Really nice photo though.   :one