What I need for remote work in NL for USA Based company?

Hello, my name is Oksana. I moved to Rotterdam from Russia.
I got a residence permit (with tvv) as a partner of an EU citizen.
I found remote work in USA based company.

The employer said that I have to deal with my own taxes and Country of residence requirements.
So the question what I need to do?

Shortly as I understood I need to register in belastigdienst (KvK) as self-employed to get btw number. Then the question do I need to return every 3 months Btw (VAT) or no? And if I registered as self-employed can I receive my salary in a Russian bank account? (I also have a Dutch, but Russian account for me more convenient)

Do I need to apply for Kleineondernemersregeling (small business scheme)?
And how to pay taxes and from what it depends?

Thanks for helping!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You need to speak to a tax advisor; there is much more to this than just paying your taxes every month.  At the top of this page is a link to our Services section - I would recommend you check that out.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hey there!

After I will have finished working tonight I will write you back!

Kind regards
Angelika

Thank you! I will be waiting!

Hello,

There is indeed much more to it than registring at the Belastingdienst. First of all, you need to register yourself either as an RNI citizen if you plan to stay only 4 months, or as an "ingezetene" if you plan to stay longer.
In the first case, you only need to make an appointment at your gemeente and show your ID. You will get a BSN (social security number) right away. In the second case, you will also need your birth certificate and some other documents.
Are you going to be self employed or working for an employer? How long will you stay?
If you work for an employer in NL, the company is obliged to take care of paying Loonbelasting and other formalities.
You will also need a health insurance and so called WA insurance. All this depends on how long you plan to stay and what kind of contract you have workwise.
Maybe you could tell me more detailed about your situation.

Kind regards,
Angelika

Angelika, thank you for your answer.
I already have all the main documents to live in the Netherlands, because I live here for one year. I have a BSN number, registration on address, Dutch health insurance. I am going to be as self-employed. Because my employer American company, they can't hire me directly. So, all in all, do you have experience how to become self-employed?

Hi,

I am self employed myself.
You need a registration at the KVK.  They will see to your registration at the Belastingdienst. The real challenges start in a quarter of a year, with the paying of your BTW and in a year, with the Aangifte Inkomstenbelasting, that is taxes. You will have to be very precise when filing for taxes.
First register in KvK. You will have to make an appointment at your local Kamer van Koophandel office. Every company starts like this. If you have questions after looking at their website, please ask, feel free to ask.

Kind regards
Angelika

Hello. Did you manage to find a solution please? What about employee and employer social security contributions? Thanks :)