Ready to retire

My wife and I are considering Panama for our retirement. As the US gets more and more divided, we are just tired of all the division and would like to settle down where people are just people. I've read many good things and some bad about Panama. Just would like to talk with someone that lives there to find out if it is right for us. Wanting to travel there, but covid is making it very difficult. Would appreciate any incite or advise you may have for us. We are thinking the Boquete area, or possibly along the Pacific coast. We live in the mountains now, but also love the sea life.
Always looking to meet new friends and finding a new life adventure.
Thanks, Keith Dunn currently in Lander,WY.

Just remember, 'Wherever you go, there you are."

Don't presume you can leave behind your preconceptions, presuppositions, simply because you want to move to a different country. As Idahoans have seen, the mindset of those who left Californication, followed them, making Idaho into something OTHER than what the natives wanted... Just saying.

For more about life in Panama check out my wife's blog that she began before we moved in August 2013. ourthirdlifepedasi.com
For more on the various places expats live in Panama:
Retire In Panama Tours
Oscar Peña and Rod Larrivee
1-786-323-7113 (USA number)
[email protected]
Buena Suerta!

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Expats don't discard all their political opinions when they move. Boquete is full of expats. I've been much happier hanging out with Panamanians. But, if you stay away from all that nonsense you can have a really happy life here. I've found the Panamanians very welcoming and a real pleasure.
I've lived in David 8+ years, and I also have a blog. blog.thepanamaadventure.com/
You're right, there is no substitute for visiting to see how you feel here. Hopefully this pandemic will start to turn around in the coming months to make that possible.

Hi Kristc99 I hope that I will be able to experience enough of Panama at this time. What do you think? Is it still too liming these days?

I would wait a few months. We are in a surge of virus cases right now and there are restrictions, more or less severe depending on location, and changeable depending on circumstances. Vaccinations should start next month, so along with the current measures maybe things will start to turn around. It would be much more fun to visit when you can move around freely, and everyone isn't quite as worried as they are at the moment.