Fingerprints for FBI background check

I am a US citizen living in Panama. I am currently interviewing for a position in South Korea that requires an FBI background check. I can download the forms from the FBI website, have my fingerprints taken here in Panama, then mail the whole thing to the FBI in the US. Does anyone know where I can go to have ink fingerprints taken? I live in Chitre.

Hello Anita and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon get some replies.;)

Harmonie.

You might try the local police station. That works in the US.
The American Consulate should be able to tell you.
Have a great day.

Thank you!

Do you have to go through FBI? Can't you use one of those people search sites? I hear they are quite dependable. A friend of mine used to use them all the time for his work and couldn't praise them enough.

It has to be done through the FBI using ink fingerprints. The fingerprints can be taken here and mailed to the FBI. Panamanian policia won't do it. I have since learned that ink fingerprints can be done at: Direccion de Investigacion Judicial (512-2242) which is located in front of the Mercado de Abastos.

UPDATE: Print copies of the fingerprint cards (bring extra in case you make a mistake) from the FBI website and bring them with you along with your passport. Complete the form in BLACK ink only. No appointment is needed but you will have to return to Panama City 2-3 days later to pick up the signed/stamped fingerprints.

PLEASE NOTE THE CORRECTED TELEPHONE NUMBER ABOVE.

Security Department in the US Embassy perhaps...

I just recently went through the process of getting my FBI background check in February. Be prepared to wait almost 2 months for your documents from them! :rolleyes: