Immigration lawyer

Looking for a reputable, honest & reasonable immigration lawyer in Boquete or David to help with all the legalities of becoming a Pensionado. Unfortunately needs to be English speaking since we do not yet have any proficiency in Spanish.

All of the good immigration lawyers that I have met speak English very well. My suggestion is to wait until you get to Panama and then ask a few gringos for a reference. The good ones stand out. Some of those with web pages are good, but the costs might be above what you want to pay.

This subject is discussed a lot on the Panama Yahoo boards, so you might find good references on those. I haven't been over there for a few years, so I can't directly help you.

Bob

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  Your suggestions are extremely helpful in our trying to avoid some of the pitfalls that other expats have experienced.  We'll definitely ask around when we get there and check out the Yahoo message boards.
Very much appreciated.

Hi Kweku,

I think you should start a new discussion on the Panama forum.

Thank you

Greetings,

I have also been looking into Panama lawyers, and the best source for me has been with Mata and Pitti. I have been very impressed with how they have been able to help me out, and I hope you can find them equally beneficial.

Cheers,

matapitti.com

We appreciate your getting back to us with regard to finding a lawyer to take care of the legalities of moving to Panama.  We have checked out the website and will be looking into it further.
Thank you again.

Regards

I recommend Gerli Wren & Co. That guys have a huge experiment in law. They helped me to register my yacht. But they can also help you with your visa!
panamashipregistration.com
gerlico.com/
Good luck!

Hi - We highly recommend Mayra Lamboglia for your visas. We had great results and are so happy we found her. You can look at her extensive resume on her website [mderated] She came highly recommended by other pensionados on various forums so we contacted her and she explained everything required, her prices were very reasonable compared to many others and she got everything done during our 2 week stay in the City (temp. visa, permanent 3 months later). She also assisted us in getting our driver's licenses, bank account, buying a car and getting car insurance for nominal fees. She lets you know what all of her prices are upfront so no suprises. There are so many beauracratic hoops that you need to jump through it is overwhelming and she made it easy. She also speaks English very well. If you decide to contact her tell her Corinna & Pam recommended her. I have never heard of any one here who has been unhappy/dissatisfied with her services.
Good luck!
Corinna

Hi Corinna,

you should recommend Mayra our Panama business directory, thanks

I highly recommend Lizi Rose, Mobil: (507) 6760-4559 | Emai: [email protected] | Skype: lizi.rose

hello, we have gotten to a lawyer that fits the bill in David. We have known him for about 5 years now and he has looked after real estate as well as is now working on our pensionado. He is very trustworthy and speaks very good english as well. If you send me your e-mail I can forward to him...Don  [email protected]

We are using lawyer, Berta Sanchez who is based in Panama City and in Pedasi. She is fully bilingual, and if too far for your needs, may have a referral for you. Reach her at [email protected]
Good luck!

Iris

(Modeerated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)