Is SAR 11000 a good salary to survive in 2020

Dear all,

Hope you all are safe and secured from the Corona Pandemic.

I have been offered a salary of SAR 11000 (Air allowance + Medical Insurance provided by the company) to work in Riyadh. I have already accepted the offer and will be flying once the situation calms down.

Knowing the fact Saudi gov. increasing the tax to 15% and other rising expenses, is SAR 11000 enough for a single? I will be bringing my family (Wife + kid) only on visit visas whenever required.

Please do advise me if I can save and also have a decent life style. Thanks.

yes, i know a lot of guys living in ksa with their family who has a lower salary than you.

Thank you for your reply. My only concern was the 15% VAT increase. Thanks again.

the 11K is not high nor less. but you can manage it if:

the new tax will be applicable by July. if you could arrange your major stuff before that you will safe good amount. but still your package is manageable.

Things you I think you should consider:

- House + transportation allowances are provided, or you rent cheap apartment.
- 15% might affect you at the beginning when purchasing your new stuff.

Keep your family on visit Visa for time being. Almost they can access many things except school or banks.

wish you all the best.

Thanks for the reply. Due to the corona pandemic, I may come to riyadh after august 2020. I'd consider taking my family on a visit after a year or so due to safety reasons. Thanks.

where you from Rushdi?

From Sri Lanka, I was in the UAE for 8 years.

and what will be your work when you get here? i'm here in riyadh for more than 8 years now. working as an IT tech support.

I will be joining Riyadh Metro as Station Operations Manager. Glad to know your background, thanks for all the information brother.