Visa extensions during Virus for Foreigners

Hello, Im told the Chinese Government automatically gave 60 day visa extensions during the virus if your visa expired.? is this still in effect as of May, how long will they do this , If i leave to renew my visa they wont let me back in. ?/Thanks

You'd better go to the bureau and check by yourself for sure. If you leave to renew it, you 100% won't be allowed in until the border reopen.

You have to keep checking, there is a website.  Goto the Entry & Exit Adminsitration and they will advise you. 

1. Renew it now, like me
2. Once announed that flights can leave then you may have only 28 days to then depart, so keep checking for new details to be released.

I was granted a 60 day extension on my travel visa long before the initial 60 days expired.  I'm still waiting on a passport renewal before I can apply for a Q or Z visa but delays on processing are taking longer than expected.

If you leave and are granted re-entry I believe you will need a Covid test 7 days prior to re-entry and I would assume a mandatory 2 week hotel quarantine (at your own expense) would be necessary but I would advise referencing the cn.gov page for up-to-date info.