Question regarding Work Permit for Own Company

HI Guys, Sorry for the trouble but like to ask. our family open a small business in Xiamen. With me and my dad being owners.

Would like to as does anyone know how do you apply for Work Permit for yourself using your own company? As in your the Owner of the company?

Looking online i mainly find "Employee what to" info like what you need to prepare and so on. But since i am the Owner i would also like to find "Employer what to"  info like where should i go to get approval to hire a Foreigner. Does any one know the procedure or any detail website?

Also like to ask people that opened their own company in china. As a boss is your application handled differently or the same as everyone else?

from asking the local and accountants they suggested
1) Immigration depart - which i found out they are the last one in the process
2) man power depart - no idea where they are
3) Foreign Expert Affairs - seems right but which step in the process is this?

Also like to ask for translation of Education Cert. Do you need to get it translated by the Chinese Service center for Scholarly exchange or any translation company is fine?

thanks for your help

Hi there, i know someone who's been working on this area for over 10yrs. He helped my boss to get his first work permit and visa. We found an agency to help at first but it didn't work. What you need is a professional guy whom knew all the process and got enough experiences to handle different cases (Rules are changing every yr). It would be great if he knew someone in the Immigration Dept. as well. As an owner of the company, you will need to prepare and fill in lots of papers & forms for getting your 1st work permit &/or visa. Pls let me know if you wanna talk to him about your case. Consulting is for free unless you wanna ask him to prepare and handle all the paperworks. My wechat ID ***

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

In general, there are only two kinds of businesses that a foreigner can have in China. That is a WOFE, and a joint venture with an existing Chinese company.

I would suggest you go ahead and set up a WOFE. Look on the internet for services (local to you) that can do this for you. Then as part of this business structure, you will need to apply for the associated visas. They will help you with that as well.  Best regards.

Hi Vannrox. The Business already set up with the help of a local accountant.

Now just need to get the work permit, sadly the accountant mainly deals with locals so they aren't too familiar with it and after asking 3 different Accounting Company and various other people.

Well it seems they don't have much info on how a company goes about hiring Foreigner and also how does the owner of the company apply for a work permit. 

I guess since the amount of Foreigner working in Xiamen is less than places like Beijing and Shanghai not many here are familiar with the process.....

thats good advice from 'double 12' .  Agents can be hit and miss ( as well as expensive )and if someone has the experience dealing with different situations then it may be best to take that route.  hope it all works out for you.