New members of the Slovenia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Slovenia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Slovenia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I would like to know about the visa requirements for pensioners  , the cost of living for a couple , medical and health care facilities available in Slovenia . Kindly provide any other information that I should know to help us move  to Slovenia and reside for at least six months of the year . Thanks.

Hi I'm From India and looking to migrate to slovenia and start my business. Would be interested to meet with friends who could help me start in slovenia.

Regards

Biji Thomas

Hello, I live in US and dream of living in Ljubljana for a year or so of my retirement. Would like practical information on this as well as contact with the expat community while there.

Hi there to all of you.Well Medical Costs a Fortune in Slovenia. So make sure you have Private Medical Insurance, which can cost a Fortune also.Living Costs I would put above the U.K.Tho Alcohol is Cheap and Cigarettes.The Locals are not friendly, also they resent you and are very nasty towards you, if your a Foriegner, espically if you have been unluckily enough to have bought a Property.Please be aware there are many Thousands of illegall Properties in Slovenia.Which is a well known fact by Locals.Infact acept for Slovenia being a clean Country.I have no other Positives concerning the Balkan Country.

Hi tramte, I wonder if you would explain what  you mean by "illegal properties"? Also, do you find that people in Ljubljana are as unfriendly to foreigners as people in smaller (and less cosmopolitan) towns? Many thanks in advance.

I visited Ljubljana with 3 Indian friends they could not get out of your Country quick enough,because of the Abuse they Recieved also threats.Your Country is Racists.I also found the People in Slovenia espically the Mountains very aggressive and nasty towards myself being a Foriegner,because k bought a Property.They are Jealous,as known a Property in their village.On illegall Properties your Country is flooded with them.Again espically the Mountain area of K.Gora.There are Hundreds of illegall Properties in that area alone It's a well known fact.Your Building Inspectors took Bribes of Builders when the Properties were being built,I have many friends who hate your Country, absolutely detest the place.Why because they were deliberatley ripped of by agents and Lawyers when Purchasing the Properties.Now they are trying to sell them.They are the Lucky ones.Some Lost everything.Your Property Market is not regulated.I could go on forever.Yiur Country is Typical Balkan.Always was Always will be.You have a Good day.

tramte wrote:

I visited Ljubljana with 3 Indian friends they could not get out of your Country quick enough,because of the Abuse they Recieved also threats.Your Country is Racists.I also found the People in Slovenia espically the Mountains very aggressive and nasty towards myself being a Foriegner,because k bought a Property.They are Jealous,as known a Property in their village.On illegall Properties your Country is flooded with them.Again espically the Mountain area of K.Gora.There are Hundreds of illegall Properties in that area alone It's a well known fact.Your Building Inspectors took Bribes of Builders when the Properties were being built,I have many friends who hate your Country, absolutely detest the place.Why because they were deliberatley ripped of by agents and Lawyers when Purchasing the Properties.Now they are trying to sell them.They are the Lucky ones.Some Lost everything.Your Property Market is not regulated.I could go on forever.Yiur Country is Typical Balkan.Always was Always will be.You have a Good day.

Why do you keep on saying Your country? Shmeiler is from the USA. If you don't like the country why are you in it?

Simple because I have a Property I can not sell and it's almost Bankrupt me. I was cheated by one of your Lawyers and Agents. It's very difficult to sell Property in your Corrupt Country when Legal.When it's illegall it's impossible does that answer your question?I would rather be in England with all the Slovene,s who have moved to my Country ,as the Salaries in your Country are so low.

tramte wrote:

Simple because I have a Property I can not sell and it's almost Bankrupt me. I was cheated by one of your Lawyers and Agents. It's very difficult to sell Property in your Corrupt Country when Legal.When it's illegall it's impossible does that answer your question?I would rather be in England with all the Slovene,s who have moved to my Country ,as the Salaries in your Country are so low.

Why do you keep on insisting on saying YOUR Country it's NOT my country. I was just asking a question. Just to set the record straight, you are using the wrong word. Racist is incorrect, you mean xenophobic. To be honest with you since the 2016 Brexit referendum England has become more xenophobic as the cases of hate crimes have increased to a disturbing rate.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Troll
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Tramte,

It sounds like you've had a horrible time and it is making me reconsider whether I should live in Slovenia if it is that corrupt. I always hope that EU membership means that a country is held to a higher standard of lawfulness than that.
I hope you're able to recoup your money somehow and wish you luck.

Hi Shmieler, believe me the Country is a Nightmare.If your just going to rent a place, then you should be O K. It's when you invest in the Country you have Problems. I will never get back what I have lost .I took the man to Court, to get the Building Legalised but after the Builder agreed to put new plans in After 7 years in a Settlement he never did.Plus the Lawyer who Represented me worked in the Builders Favour.Aleksander Ceferin,s Company. A well known Lawyer in Slovenia Completely Corrupt.Anyway Good Luck if you move there but you have been warned .Do not get me wrong the Country is Beautifull.Tho it's a Shame its so Corrupt and Backward.

I wouldn't be buying property there, but I wouldn't want to live among people who are openly racist anyway. That would be extremely depressing.  Thanks for the straightforward warnings.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880536

Thanks!

Closed