Driving license

Recently I came from saudi Arabia and I have driving license from saudi arabia with GCC logo. How can I transfer it to get one from UAE? can anyone help me?

hey sticky!!
You cannot exchange the saudi license in UAE! I guess, you have to take the test!! the only benefit u might get is that you may be exempted from the classes!!
Secondly, there is a different process in all the emirates and it depends on ur visa. If your visa from Sharjah, the procedure will be different from Dubai etc.
As far as I know, you will be directly eligible for the final test on saudi license and you will get some limited attempts to pass the same. If you didnot pass the test, they might put some classes for u too!!
Please confirm with the relevant driving license department!
Good Luck :)

thank u james.hamad

HI,

JUST visit any emirates driving school & apply for a UAE driving license . They will issue you a UAE driving license since Saudi is a member of the GCC. Good luck

I guess, the procedure in Abu Dhabi is different!
But I am sure that even if Saudi is a GCC member, but they dont accept Saudi License for exchange.
The candidate must give the road test!!
I came to UAE from Riyadh too!!

Sticky wrote:

Recently I came from saudi Arabia and I have driving license from saudi arabia with GCC logo. How can I transfer it to get one from UAE? can anyone help me?

GCC licenses issued to non-GCC nationals don't count. You'll have to go through the driving test procedure.

driving license transfer only applies to GCC nationalities ..

bcdxb wrote:

driving license transfer only applies to GCC nationalities ..

That is not correct.

Direct driving license transfers are also available to the 31 nationalities who do not require a visa, eg. Eurozone, USA, Australia etc.

no need to mention about Westerns , here everything counts on Nationalities! just said about asians!