Bilingual School Recommendations for a 7 yo American girl?

Hi,
My family is thinking of moving to Barcelona for a year in about a year. I would like my daughter to learn Spanish while she is in Barcelona, but I don't want to enroll her in a school that is strictly Catalin/or Spanish. Does anyone know of any good elementary schools that have classes in both English and Spanish, with some American or English speaking kids. My daugher will be 7 when we move.
Thanks,
Cindy

Hi Cindy

I m catalan and I m not concerned about bilingual schools here, only french-catalan ones, but that's not your case. If I were you I profit this full year to teach her spanish or catalan as long as you are going to move here and that will be very usefull for her in the future.This summer I ll visit US to improve my english so if you need help about that languages feel free to tell me.

Hi There,

I am sure that should be some school that provide courses in both languages, I would recommend the same as Natalie. To put them in a castellano school to make them learn the language quick!

Speak to you soon

Hi,

Our daughter is 6, and she goes to a school here where the teaching time is divided equally between English, Spanish, and Catalan.

Each year they rotate the subjects that are taught in each language. i.e. This year Music might be in English, Maths in Spanish, and Science in Catalan, and the following year Music in Spanish, Maths in Catalan, and Science in English.

That sounds stupidly complicated but it does seem to work quite well.

If you are interested then send me a message and I'll give you all of the info about it.

I would love to know the name of that school as well.
Thank you.