Paying GO bills

Hi,
my internet is with GO and so far the payment was done by credit card. They sent me a letter because my credit card expires soon and will be replaced with a new one. They claim its not possible to pay with credit card anymore due to regulatory obligations (what ever that means) and I would have to use now sepa direct debit. The problem is they accept only sepa with some local banks where I don't have an account. They also write in default payment will be changed to cash.
Anyone else got such a letter in the past? Is it true of them not accepting credit cards anymore and if so what is the reason? For payment method with cash will they just send a bill? Not accepting credit cards anymore but only local sepa bank accounts while sepa is supposed to be europe wide sounds rather strange to me.

Using exactly the same method as yours, my payment to GO was successful three days ago.

Your case sounds irregular.

I suggest you contact GO and obtain a written reason why these regulations apply to you in particular.

If you don't pay by direct debit then you will get your bill either on line or by post and you simply pay it on line or go in and pay by cheque or cash.
I think if you ask them for a reason in writing you will be waiting a long time.  The best way to get any sort of response is to ask on their facebook page as that makes it public.

Fionn wrote:

Using exactly the same method as yours, my payment to GO was successful three days ago.

I suggest you contact GO and obtain a written reason why these regulations apply to you in particular.

Did your credit card expire with active contract? They sent me the letter because the expiration date on the card is soon and my bank will send me a new card with new code.  Its possible GO sends it only to existing customers when the card expires.

F0xgl0ve wrote:

If you don't pay by direct debit then you will get your bill either on line or by post and you simply pay it on line or go in and pay by cheque or cash.

Ok I didn't know if the cash payment would be limited but that sounds good. Paying it by bill works well for me as it removes the risk of them charging the account while the contract has already ended which I had once in the past with another company. So I will use this method.

miker7 wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Did your credit card expire with active contract? They sent me the letter because the expiration date on the card is soon and my bank will send me a new card with new code.  Its possible GO sends it only to existing customers when the card expires.

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Ok I didn't know if the cash payment would be limited but that sounds good. Paying it by bill works well for me as it removes the risk of them charging the account while the contract has already ended which I had once in the past with another company. So I will use this method.

I think they charge an extra €2 - €3 if you are not on a direct debit but the office in Victoria has people queuing up to pay by cash or cheque!

Ray

You can also use the macihines situated in many shops etc to pay your go bill - take the bill with you scan the barcode and pay by cash or card