Ipad pro not charging

My ipad pro ran out of charge and will not recharge. I have tried various chargers. I took it to the Apple service centre in Birkirkara and the service person said it would cost euro 30 for the engineer to look at it, but if there was an issue (which there is) they were unable to open ipads and it would need to be sent off to Apple overseas. If it was judged that the battery had failed or some other issue then Apple would replace it with a new unit with a 2 year guarantee, or a refurbished unit with a 3 month guarantee. The cost would be in the order of euro 700, but  the euro 30 euro would be deducted from that.

Can that price of euro 700 for what may be a refurbished unit be right. I queried the price, and the agent said I could go to the Apple sales unit and price a new unit….very helpful but ignores the pricing question. Might as well throw the unit away.

Has anybody experienced this from Apple in Malta. Basically no service for i pads. JM

"Apple in Malta" does not exist, only apple resellers who largely do what they want but are in some regards under constraints apple place on them as resellers - like not opening ipads.

If it is purely a need to replace the battery you can have this done by Apple, used to be a fixed price of around £75 from the UK.

You normally do not get your iPad back when you have this done, it is always a refurbished one but is thoroughly checked and as new with a limited Warranty, so you need to back it up before sending it away.

You can arrange everything through the Apple service centre on their website.