HOW TO GET NETFLIX IN MALTA – SOLVED!

#1 12 April 2013 18:29:10

SMeddie
SMeddie
Mellieha

HOW TO GET NETFLIX IN MALTA – SOLVED!

When you go to Netflix.com, your IP address is being checked by netflix to see where you are located.

If you go to Netflix from a computer that is connected through a standard European IP address, Netflix will display a message that says, “Service is not currently available in your area.”

If your computer shows an IP address outside of the US/UK, you will be blocked from accessing content on Netflix.com.

To fix this you need to change the IP on your computer to show an IP address that is located in the US/UK. That is it!

It may sound complicated but do not worry – its super easy to do this even if you are not a “computer person.”

#3 12 April 2013 19:30:20

MikeInPoulton
MikeInPoulton
Poulton-Le-Fylde

Re: HOW TO GET NETFLIX IN MALTA – SOLVED!

SMeddie wrote:

It may sound complicated but do not worry – its super easy to do this even if you are not a “computer person.”

.........go on then how's it done? I must admit to not being one of those "computer persons".

Cheers

#4 12 April 2013 20:23:57

SMeddie
SMeddie
Mellieha

Hey Mike

Simple

You need a good VPN provider like " Hide My A**" (£5 a month).The setup itself is quite easy and all you have to do is install the small app for either PC or Mac, and then choose what server in the US or UK you want to connect to – that is it. For iPhones, iPads, Android phones and other devices you will get manual settings you need to input. Once again very easy to get started

Cheers
Meds

#5 12 April 2013 20:29:34

MikeInPoulton
MikeInPoulton
Poulton-Le-Fylde

SMeddie wrote:

Hey Mike

Simple

You need a good VPN provider like " Hide My Ass" (£5 a month).The setup itself is quite easy and all you have to do is install the small app for either PC or Mac, and then choose what server in the US or UK you want to connect to – that is it. For iPhones, iPads, Android phones and other devices you will get manual settings you need to input. Once again very easy to get started

Cheers
Meds

Thanks Meds

as you say..........sounds very simple.

Cheers

ps: think I missed a trick there

#11 13 April 2013 08:28:31

redmik

Ha ha, taken on a family holiday, messing around. I used that as an image for my copyright 'Popseye' film productions.
(See what I did there?)
;)

#14 08 July 2013 14:59:59

scubaboy
scubaboy
birzebbuga

ah bernice.... we all do ;)

To be honest I thought that Hide My A** was a very very slow VPN and Ipvanish i find very very quick. Gives you a list of different countries and different IPs. VERY VERY Good and at only $6.49 if you take out a yearly service...

I use the UK side of it and the US side aswell so it works well for everything oh and can be used on your IPAD :) and more than one device at the same time

Julian

PS this is not me advertising my service its me telling you about a great service that i have used

#17 11 July 2013 05:38:48

bh73

I use the Media Hint add on for firefox.  It's free and easy to set up but it only works for netflix.

#18 19 July 2013 11:16:59

Hi again SMeddie

We had a discussion about using a UK Apple TV in Malta with Netflix a short while ago.

I found just recently discovered a VPN company called Overplay. They have something called SmartDNS which adds a functionality to Apple TV so that you can get it operating as if in the UK (or even US).

It's not quite a VPN but it does mean that I can now access Netflix using my Apple TV.

I have added it also to my computers (Windows and Mac), iPhones and iPads, etc. From what I have experienced the last few days, it doesn't slow your connection like some VPNs. It's main function is to allow you access to streaming sites abroad. Although not all are covered, I have accessed all the ones I want.

I hope this is helpful. I have no connection with this company, I just discovered it when browsing the Net looking for a solution for my Apple TV. I'm not a computer expert but found the instructions to use this very clear on the website.

CharleyFarley

5 members online in Malta

Expatriate health insurance Malta
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta.
>> Click here
Expat banking Malta
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Malta
A few tips from professionals about moving to Malta.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Malta
Don't worry and travel happy across Malta.
>> Click here