Tips and advice to thrive in Slovenia

Hi,

When living in a foreign country, you have to adapt to a new environment, various cultures and different social codes.

How did you manage to adjust to Slovenia?

How long does it take to feel at home? Would you say it is an easy process?

According to you, what is key for a successful integration process in Slovenia?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Priscilla

Hi there, personally i hate the country. It is a complete joke , of a country. To say they are in the E.U. makes a mockery of the way they behave to foreigners. I purchased a property here 12 years ago . And it is still not Legal. Because of the property law not being regulated. And the Lawyers who try and rip you off. If i was you and you have not moved here . Do yourself a favour and keep away. Also everything is so Bearacratic. Anyway just another word of advice on property Gorensjka is the worst place for illegall properties. In my case they said my property will be legalised in 2,010. When there property law changes. It is now 2,016 and the property as not changed.By the way , if you end up living in a small vilage the locals will resent you. Therefore your question concerning feeling at home, just does not happen, also the locals have this opinion of us Brits that we are all very wealthy. Just goes to show the Slovene mentalitiy. Any more questions please get in touch.  xxx Regards. Kevin

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct