New person in Lisbon- Long term car rental + best place to live?

Hi,
I have came to Lisbon since 2 weeks ago and I do not have any information about renting car
for one year, and also, which region of Lisbon is good for living and shopping. I see in your profile that you be here. I wish you can help me by giving me some information.
;)

ebadiarchd wrote:

I see in your profile that you be here. I wish you can help me by giving me some information.
;)

Who's profile are you talking about?  :/

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

hi

I am portuguese and returned to PT two years ago.

No problem to help you with some informations.

Car rental there are the traditional as AVIS , Europcar, Budget, etc and a few more companies. I think the prices are more or less the same but the difference is the types of cars available and renting conditions.
If you stay here for 12 months why not to consider to buy an used car? Of coarse rented car you don´t need to take care of burocracy.

Where to go for shopping?? it depends what do you want to buy.

Furniture and house stuf , Ikea in Alfragide near Lisbon
Several shopping malls with hypermarkets: Colombo, Vasco da Gama, Amoreiras
Fashion : Av Liberdade (expensive ones) and Chiado area in dowtown.
Streets with nice shopping areas: Av Roma, Alvalade, Rua Augusta, etc

feel free to contact to my email:**

regards

v

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Hi

If you really want to stay for a long time in Portugal you really should consider bying a second hand car that you can sell when you leave. Prices of car rental get pretty high if you sum all payments and fees.
As for shopping, most suburbs have reasonable shopping centers like neighboors and malls etc. When you have a car it might be at a 5 min. drive. That means that you should consider living at the suburbs since that can save you alot of money. There are many suburbs to live but basically it all depends on what kind of person you are and so what things you need as for environment etc. please feel free to reply with some questions.
Good luck to you. :)

Who rent a car for one year ? Company may lease but a private individual makes no sense. Bad choice.