Graca/Anjos

Hello,

Is there anyone living in Lisbon or who knows the area well that can give me advice on living in the Graca/Anjos area? We have seen a nice apartment in this area but would like some opinions; is it nice? Safe? etc.

Thanks =)

Hello
I'm from Lisbon and I can tell you that Graça/Anjos is a good area to live in. Some streets are lovely, with a very nice view, (one of Lisbon's top places tfor living) some are narrow and old,  It is an old part of the town and some places might be a little shaby, up hill and not many facilities such as good supwermarkets. Parking is difficult if you have a car.
If it is a renwed apartment it will be OK. I Have a friend who lived there for several yaers and he just loved it.
Are you staying for living or just passing by?

Es-ce que vous pouvez me dire en quelle est la rue? Je pourrais vous aider un peu plus
Helena

Hello Helena,

Great thank you for your help. I've done bit of reading and it sounds like a good area to live but it's always nice to have an insiders point of view. My partner and I will be living there for about a year. We are not too fussed about having all the facilities at our doorstep, as long as we are within walking distance we are happy. I believe that the street is called damasceno monteiro.

Thanks again

Ok.
Is one of the main streets in the area. So it won't be to narrow.
Hope you'll like it.

Hi there, Anjos is a nice place to live with all the near by facilities, however, in graca could be a transport problem if you are using public transport.

regards,

Hi Helena,

I saw you responded to an older post about Graca, and I posted a similar question in the forum. I thought it might be easier to as you directly, so I copied and pasted it below: 

Hi there,

I know less about the area of Graca than other neighborhoods, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback in terms of living there?  The area I am referring to is just South of Rua dos Sapadores.

I am asking regarding a few specific things: 

1) safety 
2) is it a mixture of locals and expats, or not many expats at all?
3) if I buy an apartment there, would it be pretty easy to rent it out via Airbnb?
4) Since it is NOT close to the metro, and has many narrow streets, is lack of public transportation options in this area frustrating?
5) Quiet area? Loud? Residential? Young and party types?

Thank you so much!

Jeff