How can I go to switzerland?I really want to work

Hi ms. I am claire from manila philippines. How can I go to switzerland?I really want to work there, but I dont know how, what is my access to be there. I hope you can give me an advice in this matter. Thanks.

Hello Claire,

I suggest you go through the Living in Switzerland Guide so that you may get some useful infos. Pay particular attention to the articles in the work and Visa section.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Why not check with the Swiss embassy in your country?

Hi, I am Nilmini from Srilanka and a diploma holder in textile engineering, having experience in the apparel industry around 14 years. I really want to move to switzerland with my family. can you please guide.

Thanks

Try asking at the embassy where you live.
Embassy of Switzerland
63, Srimath R.G. Senanayake Mawatha (Gregory's Road)
Colombo 7
Sri Lanka

Tel.
+41 31 322 18 51
+94 11 269 51 17

Hi,

Do you speak French, German or Italian? You would need to speak at least one of those languages well to be able to secure a work contract.

You can apply for work positions online, as the first round of interviews are often done via Skype  or phone. You will generally only be offered a job in Switzerland if a company can prove that there is nobody locally that can do the job you're applying for.  If you are offered a job, it may still depend on being given a visa to work here. The company offering the job has to complete part of the visa application too, which requires administrative work that many companies prefer to avoid.
Finally, if you do get a visa based on a job, that visa will only be relevant for the canton in which you would be taking the job. If you move to another canton at a later stage, you would need to re-apply for a totally new visa.

Hope this helps.