Get married in Philippines or Switzerland?

hi to very one, im diana residing of Philippines, me and my fiancee  plan to get married as soon as possible,can i ask if what is the best way to get married,is it in the Philippines or in Switzerland?

and how it takes to get visa d, if were planning to get married in Switzerland?cuz maybe it takes only months or what?

Hi Diana,

Welcome on board to this site.
You can go to the nearest Swiss Embassy and ask for information about this matter. If this is not possible you can visit their website or you can visit the Switserland forum and ask your questions by them.

Wish you all the best!

thank you very much, for welcome me in this web
yes, i try to visit the the nearest embassy, thank for advise

Hi  dianne29,

Your topic has been moved to the Switzerland forum better views and interaction.

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hi Dianne,

Funny we meet at the Swiss embassy in Manila last october 2013^^
You were with your fiancee!
He is a Swiss citizen, so for him it will not change much if he get married in the Philippines or in Switzerland...

If in the Philippines, he will make a transcription of the wedding at the Swiss embassy (it take something like 3 month). After that your wedding will be reconized in Switzerland.

If you get married in Switzerland, then the hard part will be for you: you will need to have a visa to get there, pay the ticket, and probably bring a lot of documents...

In my opinion the more convenient choice for both of you is to get married in the Philippines! That what I did^^

If you come around Lausanne with your fiancee or husband, let us know:)

hi charlie

im sorry cause i really did not recognize you
yes i've there in embassy on last october 2013
but i think i did not meet someone

maybe your just mistaken
cause i really did not meet someone who is name charlie

but in the other way,
nice meeting you here in this web,

thanks

I talked more with your fiancee (in French), but anyway, have a good wedding!

Do you know my fiancee?
how did you know him?
your living also in basel switzerland?

by the the way
thank you

Nope I don't know your fiancee, I just had a casual talk with him at the embassy, mostly to share our administrative experience:)I am living in Lausanee. Enjoy Basel, it's a beautiful city!

I think better in Switzerland. Its not really hard to get the visa as long you have all documents required by the swiss embassy. Goodluck! I'll be in Switzerland this January. Message me if u need to ask anything about the visa. Take care

better apply for a fiancee visa and marry in switzerland.