Primary School Education

Hi.
I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and we currently live in Ireland. We are planning to move to Mauritius and I am wondering what the primary school system is like and if there are private schools.
Thanks
Banu

Where will you be staying when in Mauritius?

Hiwe do have private primary schoolhave a look to the website to have an idea.It's english medium  school
1.www.clavis.mu(International baccalaureate's Primary years programs.
2.telfairprimary.com

We just moved to Mauritius in June of this year.  We are American.  My husband is the headmaster of a private primary school (Lighthouse) in Trou Aux Biches.  It is in the North.  Our daughter, who is in third grade, also attends the school.  I would be happy to give you more information if you desire.  Check out the school's website:  www.lighthouseprimaryschool.org

Denise

Hi all.
Thanks for all the replies.
Plans to move to Mauritius are just that at th emoment- Plans. My husband has work in Mozambique and we were thinking Mauritius would be easier on our family than living in Ireland. I am worried about the kids settling in and all that. We are originally from India and living in Ireland for the last 7 years, so, it will all be new to us.
I haven't thought about where we will live in Mauritius, but it won't be too far from the airport. We plan to holiday there soon, just to see what that is like.
What I want for my children is good quality secular and well rounded education without it being too academic oriented.
I have checked out websites for Clavis and light house and they both look good.
All thoughts and suggestions on this topic welcome.
Thanks all again.

hi  i need  help with a virtual teacher for my daughter  ..... can it be possible....

cndy0202 wrote:

hi  i need  help with a virtual teacher for my daughter  ..... can it be possible....

How old is your daughter?Which class? Which subjects does she need help in?

I think the answers to the these questions might help you find someone on the forum who could help.

alisa_ram wrote:
cndy0202 wrote:

How old is your daughter?Which class? Which subjects does she need help in?

I think the answers to the these questions might help you find someone on the forum who could help.

The poster is doing multi-posting  ( kind of ) w/o answering the question(s);

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=78807

So it seems..As Armand suggested, she might need to post in the classified ads with more details if she wants to find someone.

If you are looking for an English-speaking primary school which is within feasible distance from the airport, you could consider Morning Star School. 

They are located in Trianon, which is easily accessible from the South via the highway.

Several kids from Blue Bay, which is right next to the airport, go there.

You can find out more on this school via the business directory, or from their website morningstar.mu

It is a Christian school using the ACE curriculum.

Hope this helps...

cndy0202 wrote:

Hello pm me. My parents are retired primary school teachers ...may be this may be of interest to you. Cheers ray