Visiting Corozal - would like to meet full-time expats in the area

I am new to this particular forum, but have lived in Belize for years. I will be visiting Corozal in November and would like to meet some expats who have lived there for a while, to get your take on what you love about the area.  I am a writer and plan to write about what makes Corozal so attractive to expats. Would love to interview a few expats who have lived in the area full-time for a year or more.

Hello there Kuffie,

Welcome on board  :)

You should drop an advert in the Looking for testimonies in Belize section of the website so as members may easily access your ad.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hello Bhavna,

I am not selling anything. I am a travel/lifestyle writer. I travel around Belize and write articles for International Living on the areas that are attractive to expats who are interested in moving to Belize. But if I have misunderstood what you mean by "advert", do let me know.

Before each trip I reach out to connect with expats so that I can actually meet with as many as possible while visiting in their region. I can't really tell if someone is a good future subject until I meet with them and get a chance to talk to them about their experience in Belize.

I did receive a response from one person who is already setting up a group meeting for me with expats who live at Consejo Shores.

But since I'm new to the group, I do appreciate your ideas of how to effectively use this forum. I have used some other forums, but really found the negativity on the Belize Forum to be distasteful... So I look forward to exploring your blog.

How do you send private messages to people. I haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks,

Kuffie

Hang out at J-Rock - an open air restaurant/bar owned by Rocky, a wonderful Belizean man. He knows just about everything and everybody. Many ex-pats hang out there

Food is good too

Thanks. Yes, I've been to Jam Rock and that is high on my list. I remember the fried fish and onion rings from my last short trip... I am also planning to be there for the Art in the Park event and am looking forward to that.

and many ex-pats who have been here for many years do NOT hang out there.  ....just saying....

Of course. That's why I sent out a general request for contacts. I will be meeting with several groups while there, and will attend the Art in the Park and the Women's Forum meeting and probably the Rotary Club meeting.

then where do they hang out?

Hi,

If you come to Corozal on a Friday, I would turn you on to the happy hour at a friends pool.

You will get to enjoy an afternoon in a pool, eat some nice snacks, and meet some very interesting people.

I think you would enjoy this and it seems like it fits your requests for info on permanent ex-pats.

Stan Allen

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.