I wish to know of recommendations for realtors

Looking for advise on realtors, people had good experiences with , in areas serving Cayo, Corozal, Dangriga. Not limited to those places ,just mostly interested in those geological locations. I looked through the forums a bit on this but didn't dig terribly deep. Figured id revive the subject. Thank you for lending me some direction. :gloria
sorry if you already read this on Belize forum  :rolleyes:
Oh yeah and have a bad ass day!

We had a good experience with John Ascott in Cayo.

elinor williams with Century 21 in Corozal, seems reliable.

suggest that one should do a lot of looking to get a good idea of comps.  also be very firm about price.   

I know an ethical, highly skilled couple that has built a 2 br 2 ba house with many, many upgrades for about $140k (negotiable) in an excellent location close to other expats and the sea.   privat message me for the phone number and you could talk directly to Mae.   If you were to purchase the property I do not get a dime.  Here in Belize, it is often hard to tell if people are making reccomendations based on getting a fee or just because they know of a good deal.

marta at insitesrealestate.com

I don't know how she does it, but has tons of properties in cayo that no one else has.  Energetic and will actually write back to you if you email (most real estate agents in Belize will never write you back.

Thanks for the hot tips everyone. Im really just looking for land. Preferably 5 or more acres , unless it something spectacular .Not sure if certain realtors deal in land and others in housing , i suspect they deal in both but make more on housing.

ah, when you said cayo thought you meant San Ignacio.  Even the half acres outside of town are now going for around $35000 now.  A lot of price inflation going on.  Saw one 4 acre property in Cahal pech for $200,000 raw land.

maybe look for properties like that in Bullet Tree?  point2homes.com/BZ/Real-Estate-Listings/Cayo/Bullet-Tree-Falls.html

Prestonia
What is the road like going out to Bullet Tree? Is it as bad as going to Cristo Rey?

I don't know the answer -- have only been out there once, believe it or not, and it wasn't paved then (5 years ago.) 

There is a good blog written for several years by a woman named Gale, maybe you will find your answers in there

dreamerfarmbelize.blogspot.com/

I should have also mentioned the Esperanza area on the western highway before you get to Santa Elena (traveling west.)  there is a real range of prices and lot sizes there (if you want a view or river front), probably the next area to fill up when Bullet tree gets overpriced.  point2homes.com/BZ/Real-Estate-Listings/Cayo/Esperanza.html

Hi Scott:

Great question, I can certainly tell you to stay away from Burke Reality (Emerson Burke) of Belmopan.
My husband and I are now in legal action against him.   We are Canadians who have invested in real estate internationally for years and thought ourselves fairly savy and well educated.  But we have definitely seen and are experinecing the dark and dirty side of a professional fraud!   He poises as a very educated, well connected, government official.  (Nothing like the image you have of a shady realator)   We entered into a large agriculture land transaction, only to find out after the 1st downpayment that not only was the documents not legal (despite Justice of Attorney stamps) the title searches at the Land Registry were not legal, his authority to represent the owner not legal.......and on it goes.   We have circulated a letter within the expat community of Belize who we got to know from spending 4 months there this past winter.   We are doing all we can to share our negative experience so as to help others not suffer like we have.  We had originally thought of Belize as our semi retirement after spending 5 years ruling out other South American countries because of crime, fraud, currency, language.   We thought Belize was going to be it, now we can't even imagine trying to do business or living there.   Officials, police, government are bought off with $$ and look the other way.

Best of luck with your new adventure and if you need more info, please write
Shelley

bullet tree??????not very safe and living experience within the local community can be fairly stressful

Sorry for your experience, but you can't extrapolate the entire country of Belize based on one shady person.  I have purchased 3 properties in Belize in the last 10 years and all were great experiences.  Never had anything stolen from my house except for water (and it was a needy family whose water had been shut off, how do you blame them?  I paid for their water bill to be turned back on so they didn't need to come take mine.)

I know plenty of people that live in Bullet Tree and they don't think it is dangerous -- lonely perhaps.

Sorry to hear that Shelly. What could you have done to protect yourself from that?  So Youve decided not to settle in Belize? Im goin there in 7 days. Actually flying to Cancun and taking a bus the rest of the way. Ive just about lined up a apt rental, for the month im staying, in San Ignacio. I used the Rainforest Realty . I wonder when you found the land or property, did you use the listing realtor?

Very sorry to hear about your experience winchelsea. In doing our research we took advantage of International Living's writings, and a seminar. One of the cautions they gave was in regard to people selling property that they didn't even own the title to.  Just as we would in Canada we got a lawyer involved that did things in a manner familiar to what happens in Canada and the USA. We had a good experience, and have the proper title. In all things buyer beware. With the amounts in regard to land ownership, I believe the extra cost for title searches, lawyers, etc is a very good expense. The lawyers have a license to practice. That can be taken away from them if they swindle you. The guy on the corner you can't take much away from, and it may be hard to even get them to court.

Hi:

I am so happy to hear that you have had wonderful experience in Belize.

Wishing you the best

Hi :

We did the same route when arriving in Belize, flew to Cancun and bussed in.   We also spent time in San Ignacio.   Yes we did use the listing agent for the property, what could have we done to protect ourselves????????? hind sight is always 20/20.  As mentioned in my previous email, we had done real estate transactions internationally over the years and have had no other bad encounters.   We can think of such things as getting more references,  not assuming that because he introduced us to his family (sister) works at Beltraide (investment services for foreigners) sister works as legal office, other sister high official in government that Emerson Burke was upright and honest.   I believe we trusted to much in his "government" position and his family's network within the business community.  We don't hold this experience against all of Belize but it certainly has left us wounded.

@scottemmert

I highly recommend Rainforest Realty for your real estate needs.  Macarena Rose is the owner and an International Broker. She is as honest as can be and extremely easy to work with.  I have used her company to manage my property for over 2 years and I love their style and wonderful communication skills. Everyone on her team is awesome. They always have your back!

Here is some contact information for your reference: Rainforest Realty

I hope this is a helpful post for you and others who are looking for someone to help them with their real estate needs.

Regards,
LAN

Hi:

I do not have a specific realtor to recommend by I can advice to stay clear of Emerson Burke of Burke Reality operating out of Belmopan.   We are now in legal action against him for illegal selling of property and illegal documentation.    He is very professional in appearance and in networking within the government offices but BEWARE!.   We have had him reported to the Realtor Advisory Board of Belize as well as other government offices.

I tried to use rainforest realty,but they did nothing to contact me. I even called , they made no effort to get back to me

I know there were a couple of family emergencies that have taken the team in different directions on several occasions over the past year and a half. 

Don't give up as you will be well taken care of.  I just dealt the Hector this morning.  He knows his stuff. Hector arrives in the office early in the mornings.  I'd suggest calling Hector and seeing if he can help you understand why your call was not returned.  They are a well respected RE company as well as doing things for the greater good of Belize.

Hector's contact info: Cell: 501-604-2520  (anytime)

I hope this helps.
Regards,
LAN

Nichi wrote:

Prestonia
What is the road like going out to Bullet Tree? Is it as bad as going to Cristo Rey?

The road to bullet tree didnt seem to bad . I havent been to that other place. I did it on my motorcycle

Love2Travel4Sure wrote:

I know there were a couple of family emergencies that have taken the team in different directions on several occasions over the past year and a half. 

Don't give up as you will be well taken care of.  I just dealt the Hector this morning.  He knows his stuff. Hector arrives in the office early in the mornings.  I'd suggest calling Hector and seeing if he can help you understand why your call was not returned.  They are a well respected RE company as well as doing things for the greater good of Belize.

Hector's contact info: Cell: 501-604-2520  (anytime)

I hope this helps.
Regards,
LAN

Thanks love to travel for your help. Much appreciated . Where is he based out of. Im in stan creek. :-)

Hi Scott,

I am happy to help. Rainforest Realty covers all the districts in Belize. To answer your question, their office is located conveniently in downtown San Ignacio, Cayo district.

All I know is for the past 3+ years each member of their team, that I have dealt with, has gone out of their way to help me. If they are able to help you, you can count on receiving honest and professional assistance.

All the best, Scott!!
Regards,
LAN

Hi Love2Travel4Sure,

I suggest you recommend the Rainforest Realty in the Belize business directory please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

[Moderated: Inappropriate post.]

bought a property through stann creek realty five years ago.
all the hazards of buying property in belize were explained to me.,
subsequently bought an adjacent property from a different realtor,
Reva Dark  from stann creek realty  very helpfully answered minor queries
that arose, with out any monetary benefit.
very knowledgeable about area 50 miles radius of dangriga.

Hi there check out the people at BirdWalk Realty They can help you.