Making phone calls in Serbia

Hi,

When settling in Serbia, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Serbia?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

Hi,

You would be best served to contact Telekom Srbjia for a landline. If you want to use VoIP then contact the cable company and ask them. If you choose to use the VoIP then go with the cable connection as it is stable and pretty decent. I used the cable internet for my business when i lived in town. But since moving out to the Fruska Gora I have to use a wireless connection. It is ok but, sometimes unstable and subject to a lot of things that effect the signal.

Allow up to 50 Euro for installation and equipment. Your monthly bill will depend on where you plan on calling and for how long. For mobile services I recommend Telenor as I think they offer the best packages including internet. But it all depends on your own personal needs.

Take care and have a great day and a better weekend.

Dale (aka Lazar)

There are three mobile operators to choose from in Serbia - Telekom, Telenor and Vip. They offer similar prices, but it's always best to sign up for yearly contract, as you get additional discounts. In my opinion, Telekom is the most affordable one and my monthly budget is 750 RSD (less then 7 €) with 300 minutes, 300 messages and 500 MB of internet at high speed + unlimited mobile internet at lower speed after the 500 MB is spent. The full price of this package is 1400, but you get half the price if you sign up for one year contract. I hope this helps you.