How to make friends in Serbia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Serbia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Serbia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Is there any groups of British people in Novi Sad. I miss speaking with them!

Welcome on Expat-blog!

The British in Serbia network might help to have some contacts.

All the best,
Christine

milletts wrote:

Hi, Im living in Novi Sad. If you need Serbian friends you can send me message.

Is there any Russian in Novi Sad?

I bet there are!!
They bought the bloody Serbian Petroleum company.

Are there any British or Americans in Belgrade?  I also really want to meet Serbians who I can practice Serbian with.

On the other hand I am looking for someone to practice English with..:)

I would love it if someone can answer that question!! ha ha I have lived here for 2 years and have no freinds, as the english speaking serbs I know are my students and Im not allowed to meet them uotside of work... help me!!

Hello,
My name is Vladimir and i was born and currently living in Novi Sad, Serbia.
If you need someone to talk to or just to hang out with, or you need a help of any kind, do not hesitate to contact me :)

Hi guys,

Are you all enjoying this lovely rainy day?:)
Seriously now  - I too live in Novi Sad with my two children and would love to meet some English speaking people. We've been here for almost 8 months, and I have met a bunch of nice new friends, but they are all Serbian in origin. I am afraid that my language abilities are getting a little rusty:(
If any of you would like to meet for a cup of coffee sometimes please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi to all
Serbia and how to meet people : if you share expirience here i would like to say look bit farward,regarding serbian people are very friendly and welcome going out meeting new people would be good suggestion,there is restaurante next to temple Sveti Sava in Belgrade very famous and most of foreigners going there,i recommend it,food is traditional and delicious,also most of serbians are fluent english speakers.
                                             Regards to all

Ameri-Srpski Lady wrote:

Are there any British or Americans in Belgrade?  I also really want to meet Serbians who I can practice Serbian with.

I'm 'American' living in Beograd!  Message me if you want!

Pozdrav!

Kiki

serbian people are very friendly...u will be glad to talk and chat with them :))

The question is, "How to make Friends in Serbia"

My answer is seek out the Evangelical Churches. The people there are always open to making friends. You do have to consider they usually have high moral standards which generally makes them safe to be with.

jerrylow wrote:

The question is, "How to make Friends in Serbia"

My answer is seek out the Evangelical Churches. The people there are always open to making friends. You do have to consider they usually have high moral standards which generally makes them safe to be with.

Those are few and far between here in Serbia.  But I'm Orthodox so I couldn't tell you where to find such places here in Belgrade, or anywhere in Serbia in general.

Good luck for those who choose this!

God Bless!

You will hardly find a country that is friendlier than Serbia. If you want to make friends, just go outside, and be yourself. Seriously, I'ma bit shy and not too chatty, but there is nothing easier than finding a few friends in Novi Sad for e.g.
Keyword: SMILE :)

thanks! yes I agree, everyone is super friendly
here!!

im tunisien live in belgrade want to meet same tunisien ppl here

I am an English speaking South African, who lived in the US for many years, now living about 40 mins drive from Novi Sad and Belgrade. I have found that forums like this one and Belgrade Foreign Visitors Club have been helpful and informative. This seems to be the only place where the Novi Sad international people can connect. belgradefvc.com

Hey , is there any lebanese in belgrade

Hi L.C.F and welcome to Expat.com!

A little introduction is much appreciated.:whistle:

Thank you,
Harmonie.

MMirkov wrote:
milletts wrote:

Hi, Im living in Novi Sad. If you need Serbian friends you can send me message.

Yeah nice of you, I am intreted in having a serbian friend I will be so glad if u can get me one kindly pls get back to me.

L.C.F wrote:

Hey , is there any lebanese in belgrade

I would hope so. There is a Lebanese restaurant near Saint Sava. Rarely do ethnic restaurants open here that aren't owned or operated by that ethnicity. :)

Can any one get me a friend from serbian.

tolanijerry wrote:

The best way is to join online forums or Facebook groups that have Serbs in them.

Wish online forums can you please put me tru? Thank you

SlavicMuse wrote:
tolanijerry wrote:

The best way is to join online forums or Facebook groups that have Serbs in them.

Wish online forums can you pls put me tru?,thankks

tolanijerry wrote:

Wish online forums can you please put me tru? Thank you

Well, Facebook has the most probably. Just search Serbian groups.  You could join LiveMocha and learn the language while meeting people.

milletts wrote:

thanks! yes I agree, everyone is super friendly
here!!

yeah you rite can we get to know each other better?,

I want to meet Serbian friends, i am Wilfredo i am living in Usa, New Jersey,

Ameri-Srpski Lady wrote:

Well,i'm open for new friendship's,if that's what you ment,altough i live in Srpska Crnja now...about 70 km from Beograd now...i use to live in Zrenjanin not year ago.

milletts wrote:

You can talk with me anytime you need..even visit me if you have time or vacation days.I dont claim i speak fluently English but i will do my best,Just so you know if you decide to visit me,you best take the bus,it's safest transport to Srpska Crnja(one with returnable ticket,dear).My adress is Arsenija Čarnojevića10,25220 Srpska Crnja,my e-mail is :[email protected].

Hey,
My name is Richard ,from Ghana.Very soon I will be moving to Belgrad for an Internship and will like to make friends before I will arrive there.Let talk

Making friends is easy,keeping them...? Up to you...:-)

MY NAME IS GUIDO FROM REPUBLIC OF CONGO.I WANT  VIOSIT SERBIA AND LIKE   MEET V PEOPLE BEFORE.

Hi Guido!

Could you please avoid posting in caps lock?

Thanks
Armand

IM CONGOLESE STUDENT IN FOREIGNERS LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.I NEED INVITATION LETTER FOR MY ASKING VISA FOR MY RESEARCH IN SERBIA.CAN YOU HELP ME?

I WANT TO VISIT SERBIA FOR MY SEARCH IN SERBIA LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.CAN YOU HELP ME FOR INVITATION LETTER.

Hello from Novi Sad. I was born here, studied here, looking for a job now, both here in my town, my country and abroad. Would love to meet people from another countries. :) Drop me a message if anyone is in Novi Sad. Thank You. :D