Options Accomdation

Blog Friends,

I need to figure out some options for accomodation. I just want it to be clean and respectable. Furnished too.

I am checking out our apartments but we are getting F##### around by money issues, aparantley there is not enough!!!!! Great start to KSA! I might have to consider other options if all else fails, so please if you know of anything, then that would be great!

PS: Beezer you mentioned your compound in the past, is that still available?

Have you talked to Mailman13? He has found a guest house in the north of Riyadh which I think suits him well for starters.

Good ones go very quickly and they usually want 6 months rent upfront, and the amount you pay extra for furnished, will easily cover the cost of buying the basics, all depending on how long you expect/plan to stay..

Hey bh - am really sorry to hear this, but it is by no means unusual Iam afraid.  Just don't take these things as personal, it's just how things can be here.

There are quite a few apartments on our Compound but we are always told the list is massive.  The key to getting through the gate to a Compound is always by an introduction, so I will talk with my other half and see if there is anything we can do or recommend.  Will call you later - stay positive, something good will come up.  I always believe things happen for a reason and clearly what was being planned before would not have been good for you and your family.  Keep the faith :)

You may want to contact CivEngr too since he wants to get out of the cardboard box he has been living in for the past few months.

Ive been looking for a compound for 4 months.... goodluck

Sorry, all occupido-d. The last one available was right next to mine, and they're cleaning up real good. New tenants are supposed to be moving in on the 20th. I'm hoping they're normal!

But I did tell management to give me a heads up on the next ones that become available.

Guys, try contacting Seder Compound. I think they have Studios & 1bdrms available for singles.  Sahara Towers is also a place to try.  Its right down town.  A friend lives there and loves being so close.  I'll try and get the number.

Most of the other compounds may be a bit expensive and then again they ask for the 1st 6mo up front.  But I will keep my ears open for you... 

Shultz, are you and the guys trying to get a villa to share or are you looking for something on your own?

Its so important to due the negations for housing BEFORE you come.  I know this doesn't help you - but for those who are thinking about coming out in the future, PLEASE negotiate for your housing before you sign the contract and make sure they will provide you with acceptable housing.

CAF wrote:

Its so important to due the negations for housing BEFORE you come.  I know this doesn't help you - but for those who are thinking about coming out in the future, PLEASE negotiate for your housing before you sign the contract and make sure they will provide you with acceptable housing.

What we deem acceptable and they deem acceptable are two different things!

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

There are quite a few apartments on our Compound but we are always told the list is massive.

Hey GWTFUK, thanks for the heads up. I would love to live in your compound but the reality is I can not afford it on my salary. We were given a subsidy for accomodation, because they own the building, and that is what made it attractive. In real terms I probably can spend up to 60,000SR for accomodation because it will come out of my pocket.

Yes, that's the problem and you won't know until you get out here and see for yourself.  There is an assumption that anything will do and accommodation is selected accordingly.  Bigger challenge is Expats are grouped and assumptions made on what each group wants or considers is acceptable.

Luckily I have a return ticket!

bhills2153 wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

There are quite a few apartments on our Compound but we are always told the list is massive.

Hey GWTFUK, thanks for the heads up. I would love to live in your compound but the reality is I can not afford it on my salary. We were given a subsidy for accomodation, because they own the building, and that is what made it attractive. In real terms I probably can spend up to 60,000SR for accomodation because it will come out of my pocket.

Many expats rent out a 4 or 5 bedroom villa and share!  If you did that, you'd even have some $$ left over. In fact, maybe the one that Ginny was going to rent is available?

Hey,
I am looking at either moving in with John (the aussie) and his kids or just going solo. We are both currently looking for places

CAF wrote:

Guys, try contacting Seder Compound. I think they have Studios & 1bdrms available for singles.  Sahara Towers is also a place to try.  Its right down town.  A friend lives there and loves being so close.  I'll try and get the number.

Most of the other compounds may be a bit expensive and then again they ask for the 1st 6mo up front.  But I will keep my ears open for you... 

Shultz, are you and the guys trying to get a villa to share or are you looking for something on your own?