Seeking advice/feedback on primary schools

Hello, I would appreciate hearing from anyone on their thoughts/reviews of the international primary schools in POM - specifically, class sizes, approach to discipline, learning style, and comparison with Australian school standards (private and public). Many thanks!

My children go to the Early Learning Centre which is part of the Ela Murray International School here. I can say that the standard at ELC is very high, must be at least a 4 to 1 ratio of children to teachers. Everyone I have spoken to about either ELC or the Primary section has only had good things to say. My wife knows quite a few women with children in the Primary section and they have said the standard of learning is quite high, on par with most good Australian schools.

Secondary schooling is not quite at that standard I believe, however as I said I can really only vouch for the ELC as my kids haven't attended the other two, it's only what I have been told by others.

Thanks so much for the information! I contacted Ela and they said there is a waiting list for prep - any idea how long these lists are and likelihood of getting a place? I wont move if I cant get a spot in the school. Cheer, LK

The waiting list can be quite high at times. I have my youngest girl on the waiting list for next year already, apparently there is quite a few children on there. However with the large movement of people up here places do change regularly. We were on a waiting list earlier in the year for a small change and got approval within 4 weeks. It's really hard to say sorry.

Hi Aatuti,

How much are the fees prevailing right now ?

Regards
KSB

Hi KSB,

I'm not sure for primary school, but the early learning centre for my child this year was from K1850 for 1 day per week to K8400 for 5 days per week, per school term. It is not a cheap school but not much in PNG is cheap as an expat.