Moving to Canada, please help! ;)

Hi guys! My husband and I both have registered nurse licences and I also have a BA in English language and literature so I was wondering what are the chances of actually finding a job in Canada via Internet (jobbank.gc.ca/job_search.do) and which program offered by the Canadian government is the most suitable for us. I am also not really familiar with provinces so which one would you choose if you were me and why? Thank you in advance..

Nursing is a very desirable trait. I am sure every province will have a need for nurses. As you know healthcare is a burgeoning industry and there's never an over supply of nurses -  just under supply.

All nurses have to be registered to the healthcare/nurses department/agency/body of the provincial government (as healthcare is managed by the province and not federally). To register, obviously you need your qualifications and experience to be vetted. Take for example the information about this from the province of Ontario - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/wor … NURSE.html

My advice is to go to every provinces healthcare ministry/agency's information (online) on nurse registration for foreign trained nurses. There you'll find the information you need.

So google the name of the province and registered nurse
for example, "nova scotia register nurse foreign"
Here are some interesting results:
http://www.crnns.ca/default.asp?mn=414. … 3086.23093http://www.crnns.ca/default.asp?mn=414. … 3093.23105
The second one seems important.

As to which province? I wanna be selfish and tell  you to come to Nova Scotia, the province I am in but the truth is, the smaller the province, the less nurses because most people want to go to bigger cities l like Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal. So the consequence of that is that hospitals in smaller to medium cities have less nurses and thus what do you think happens? - I am pretty sure the nurses there are little overwhelmed. Let's just put it that way.

But then you have to look at other aspects too - the smaller the city, the chance of longer commute time (to work) is lower, people are more friendly, etc etc. Also, chance of meeting more people from where you are from is also lesser.

Nurses are always needed.
Ontario is a great Province with many Cities to choose from.
I would advise looking at suburban area's where there are more opportunities.

Hi,

This link may give you some info!

healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/Nurses/Training_|_Practising_Outside_Ontario/Practice_Requirements

I live in the greater Toronto area which is in Ontario!

Regards Cherryl

I would move to either Vancouver or Toronto
They are currently receiving the highest numbers in growths.   Oil patch Calgary / Edmonton is suffering a little right now.   Quebec wants you to speak french.

Maritimes are an excellent location but jobs are harder to come by.

Would love to have you here in Toronto regardless of your final landing spot
Growth for Medical Nursing Geriatric ( all fields ) is exploding with again demographics in next 20 years

Good Luck where ever you land!

David Pylyp
Toronto

it will be easier for you to apply for permanent immigration under express entry. i am a licensed immigration expert in Canada. you can email me both your resumes on [email protected] if you wish me to assess you free of charge

I am currently about to conclude MPNP in manitoba. I need a friend to fill settlement plan 2 for me. Its major condition on approving my application. Can you ne of assistance?