Oakville, Canada average salary

Hi,

I'm having 3 years of software engineering(IT) experience. What is the average package in oakville, Canada for single  bachelor person with good life style.

Thanks for answers and advise in advance.

According to Statistics Canada wage averages in jobs relating to any of the natural applied sciences range from $24.26 to $34.90 per hour (or 2 to 3 times the minimum wage $10.25). This is more than enough for a single person to live on very well, and sufficient for a family.

You should be posting your questions to the Canada Forum

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi imranmali > your topic has been moved on the Canada forum.

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply. I got an offer of 6500 CAD per month with housing and work six days in a week. I think its a good offer for me, what u say about this?

Thanks

use, glassdoor and jobbank to view where you will stand. The later would have better stats...

Considering that housing is included in the package then $78,000 per year (gross) is excellent. Just make sure that your job offer is from a legitimate company and not some kind of scam.

You'll not only live well with that salary, but you'll also be able to bank quite a bit each month too.

Cheers,
James           Expat-blog Experts Team

Agree with James that that figure is a good one by Canadian average and even by GTA average
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/report-eng.do? … container2

You are about 39/hr which fits you closer to the median.
But know this, your cost of living in that area is as such,
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … y=Oakville
and you wouldn't want to be renting all the time (even though housing is provided for now, wonder if that's going to be the case all the time?).

Cost of homeownership is high in GTA. Although home prices in Canada is slightly over price and there is a chance for correction next  year - when that happens, interest rates goes up. Overall, you'll do find with that amount and that place, you'd have a decent living. And depending on you and what your needs are that'll determine if that's the place for you. For me, I love having short commutes to work and no traffic jam - that's why I avoid large and major cities altogether. Halifax is for me!

I'd be worried a lil' when they ask you to work for 6 days a week. Typically an IT company or IT related jobs like software engineer should be 5 days a week. System Administrators are different and they are usually on call. But software engineers, hmmm... working 6 days???

Thanks @philipyeo for ur informative comment. I've checked with company its company policy to work six days in a week.