Hello Canada, greetings from Jeddah!

Hi! ..... my wife and I finally agreed on a country to move to... and we feel like moving to Canada after Saudi Arabia.

Can someone give me clues as to where in Canada is a potentially good place to start a family? Assessment forms usual first question is "Where in Canada do you plan to go?"... im like, i've never been to canada, how should i know...don't know anyone there yet... :unsure

I know there are a lot of websites and blogs and brochures marketing their own cities,  but I want to hear from the real expats.

thank you...

oh, we are 29 and 30 years old... still trying to get pregnant... and works in the healthcare industry.

Hello sir, I just came to Jeddah for visit, i have been in Canada since 2007, i live in toronto give me call it will be pleasure to help you out with all what i know sir [Moderated: no phone number on the forum pls]

Good luck on your plan.

HEALTH CARE

By 2032, seniors (65+ years of age) are expected to account for one quarter of Canada's population. This aging population will mean greater demands for nurses, personal support workers, occupational therapists and medical technologists.

Nursing

The profession is regulated, so all nurses, regardless of whether they have a college diploma or a university bachelor's degree in nursing, or whether internationally or Canadian-trained, are required to pass a professional nursing order's exam order to practise. Salaries in this field range from $38,000 to $58,000, with nurse clinicians earning up to $70,000 and nurse practitioners up to $80,000.

Occupational therapy

Occupational therapists rehabilitate clients to regain independence after injury. Occupational therapists require a two-year degree in occupational therapy and 1,000 hours of supervised fieldwork experience. An internationally trained occupational therapist must meet the requirements of the province or territory in which they would like to work. Salaries can also vary from one province to another, but a new qualified occupational therapist can earn from $40,000 to $45,000.

Personal support worker

Personal support workers are unregulated health professionals who act as companions or personal aids, assisting the elderly or disabled with their day-to-day activities. This profession is on the lower end of the salary spectrum, with wages from $25,000 to $35,000, but because it's unregulated, there are no formal education requirements, and could be a good entry into the health care field for newcomers. Volunteering for care facilities can be a good place to start in this career.

Medical technology

The ever-increasing use of technology has created a demand for those with a combination of IT skills and a knowledge of the health care industry. Skills and knowledge around newer technologies, such as systems for electronic medical records and electronic exam documentation, will become increasingly important as these technologies become more popular. Demand is high for diagnostics and medical imaging workers. Lab technologists require a college diploma in medical lab technology and a six-to-14 month assistant or technician course. Medical radiation technologists require a college diploma or university degree, a diploma in medical radiation studies and must pass the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists' national certification exam. Salaries range from $40,000 to $80,000, depending on the province and years of experience.

Average hourly wages by sector

While salaries may vary from province to province, and even city to city, this chart represents average salaries, as of October 2012, according to Statistics Canada, for the following job sectors:

Business, finance and administrative: $22.65

Natural and applied sciences: $32.99

Health occupations: $27.26

Social science, education and government service: $30.34

Art, culture, recreation, sport: $24.08

Sales and service: $16.04

Trades, transport, equipment operators: $23.33

Processing, manufacturing and utilities: $19.71

@ maulik > Thank you for this sharing of information. :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hello
am mr kayode john olutope
and have been trying to relocate to canada but all my effort proves abortive

Hi JOHN OLUTOPE,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Can you please tell us what are the steps you took to be able to go to Canada?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team