Western compound in Riyadh for a small family with new-born

Dear community,

does anybody have good advice regarding a predominantly western compound in Riyadh for a small family including a new-born? I know about Cordoba and Al Hamra. What else is there already or might open its doors in 2015?

I am thinking of a minimum of 110 m2 (2 bedrooms). We are not yet in Saudi but I want to see what is on the market before accepting a job offer for 2015.

It odes not need to have a school but proper facilities for recreation and a supermarket.

Does anyone have experiences regarding the quality and price of housekeeping?

Looking forward to your replies. If possible including a price indication.

Best regards,
Joe

now almost western compounds are not really western  per se, i.e. caucasians, but a mixture of nationalities from the subcontinent of india that includes pakistan, arabs from other m.e. countries, holders of european/american/canadian passports.

To name FAL,  Palmera, Star, Seder, Rac. you can ask your company HR about these compounds.

He doesn't mean western nationalities, he means western way of living. this is a 2nd post about essentially the same thing he discussed in the first post.

rareshine wrote:

He doesn't mean western nationalities, he means western way of living. this is a 2nd post about essentially the same thing he discussed in the first post.

@rareshine, yes i know. it used to be that western compounds were exclusively for expats from the west where their way of life were unrestricted inside the walls. but has changed when compound owners started to accept non-westerns. now it's a mixed neighborhood.

anyway, there are still compounds that offers bus going to tamimi markets,  inside are laundry shops, small convenience shops, mixed gyms, pools.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No free advertising on the forum. Please drop an advert in the Housing in Riyadh
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This link from expatblog lists many compounds in Riyadh: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … iyadh.html . Not listed, but worth a look are two new compounds, Al Bustan and Bonita Village (both on the pricey side). See rightcompound.com as well. Consider where you'll be working. It can take 1-1/2 hours to drive from one side of the city the other when traffic is heavy. A new metro project has the center of town turned upside down for the next couple of years.
Good luck!

Hi

Is there any good family compounds that I can get in for 45,000 - 50,000 per year? I will be moving with my family in the next months, we are moving with my 2 year old girl and my 4 year old boy.

Thank you in advance

Iam canadian nurse ! Since all the job offer I got give only single contract, is it possible to live in those compound with my husband? How will it work?

Reason : Please drop an advert in the corresponding section of the website : Housing in Riyadh
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.