Coming to teach third grade

My husband and me are coming in August, I will be teaching third grade.  We don't know where yet, either Abu Dhabi or Al Ain. We have so many questions, not sure where to start.  Are there any books we could read about education there, about the daily life there, customs we need to know about, anything to make the transition a little bit easier.

Thank you
Arleen

Hi there,

Are with a Canadian company by any chance?  I was hired to do the same and plan to leave in six weeks, you sound like me. Lots of questions. I will be going with my two children though. Send me a note,

MM

Hi

Yes, the recruiter is Teach Away.  We are in Colorado, it will be me and mu husband coming over, we have no idea yet when or whether it will Abu Dhabi or Al Ain.

Hi again,

I am in the same boat as you, hired to teach 3rd grade, probably in Al Ain. Do you know why the children or spouses etc. are not encouraged to go over as one unit? I have two small children and am a single mom and I was told that they would have to come over 4-6 weeks later so I could get "set up" with housing, training etc. That is a problem for us. I do not want to put my children on a plane alone without me.

Any idea?

Thanks, MM

Hi

Not sure why we did not hear about this earlier, hope there are not more things they did not seem to think we did not need to know.  I am older, so it will be just me and husband coming, so really, this can be done even though we don't like it.  I can only imagine what it wuld be like going without your children. 

Arleen

Hi Martha

Got my contract on Thursday, it is real now.  Stil dont know whether it will be Abu or Al Ain for me and hubby.  From what I hear, most wiht families go to Al Ain, so not sure since it is just me and hubby if that means Abu

Arleen